Not Engaged Yet

Remember my etiquette lacking engaged friends?

They aren't inviting everyone.  But they posted their open RSVP website on their twitters.

I'm so tempted to RSVP and I didn't even get an invitation.

How do they expect to handle that if people assume they're invited and just RSVP?
Anniversary

Re: Remember my etiquette lacking engaged friends?

• babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHA, that is too funny that they would post it on their twitters. There should be no need to do that the information should be present on the invitation.
  • edited December 2011
    From what I heard, they only sent some people nvitations, other people they sent facebook event invitations. Or something like that.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Facebook invitations for a WEDDING? How tacky.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    They're Klassy. (Note the capital K)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Wow. Some people are so tacky it's unbelievable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thats just wrong and tacky to a level of anger , I mean seriously , are people that lazy ? Or are they just that " I dont care about being polite or making sure people know whats going on..just bring me stuff ? kk ?" ><
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love seeing facebook wedding invites. I then also love looking at the inviters facebook page. A lot of times its just as classy as the invite. I would also be tempted to RSVP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_remember-etiquette-lacking-engaged-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:57b7f6fd-6a82-4c9c-ae26-51d8a98688b9Post:c4ad1a4f-cb4f-4e9d-91d9-91b3091ab70c">Re: Remember my etiquette lacking engaged friends?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love seeing facebook wedding invites. I then also love looking at the inviters facebook page. A lot of times its just as classy as the invite. I would also be tempted to RSVP.
    Posted by loopy82[/QUOTE]

This is SO true. An aquantiance of mine announced his wedding this way a few minths back. He would call me at all hours to ask me if he thought it was okay to steal someone away who was already engaged. This female left her fiance and ran off with him like a day before the wedding and now they are getting married..they are both white trash.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wonder what her family/friends think? About to get married to one person then run off to then quickly getting married to another person. Hmmmm.....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Gaahhh, it just keeps getting better Narwhal.  Just when you think these people couldn't do anything more tacky, they do.  I'd totally RSVP.
  • edited December 2011
    Well everyone is really happy for her because she hadn't had a date all through college and then this guy comes along and now they're getting married.  He's the one that was just engaged before.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You really should RSVP, if the invites are this entertaining just think how Klassy the wedding will be... that might be something you don't want to miss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, they're having a potluck bbq reception.

I was invited to the bridal shower.  It was also potluck.
    Anniversary
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dooooooo eeeeeettt! No gift though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    'Eff that definitely bring a gift - Etiquette guide!!

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    This keeps getting worse and worse. I can sort of understand a pot-luck bridal shower (I was in the wedding party for my boyfriend's sister last year, and she's super low-maintenance, so for her bachelorette party we had a potluck Memorial Day BBQ, since she got married at the beginning of June). But a potluck reception? Oh heavens no. Just no.
  • edited December 2011
    A potluck bridal shower where they invited about 20 girls that aren't even invited to the wedding? 

I didn't go, needless to say.  You expect me to bring food AND a gift, and I'm not even invited? No thanks.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You totally should have gone to the shower (with no food or gift) and started chatting up everyone about how excited you were for the wedding.  That would have made for a whole lot of awkward entertainment!!

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    You need to RSVP, I mean, they're just begging for you to!  And I want to hear all about their Klassy wedding!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • raw1299raw1299 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    thats kind of ridiculous. why post it to everyone, its like their shoving it in your face "oh were getting married, but were not inviting you, teehee" , either that their totally clueless they did that on their twitter. seems like their might be alot of wedding crashers there! lol.
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
  • raw1299raw1299 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    what?? you were invited to the shower but now the wedding? thats TACKY! and wrong. normally you invite the people who are going to your wedding...sounds logical right?
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards