California-Los Angeles

Candy bar

Need some suggestions on getting jars, wholesale candy, bags and ties for a candy bar for my August wedding. 

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Candy bar

• Try Goodwill and The Salvation Army for the jars.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you go to downtown los angeles there is a section were they have wholesale candy. If I can remember the streets I'll put it on here but I'm sure that by googling you can find out wehere it's at.
  • For my shower I had a candy bar.. we went to Home Good/ TJ MAxx for all the jars.. The most we spent on one HUGE jar was like $10.00!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi were you able to find the streets in downtown? thanks, Luiza
  • All I remember is that it's near Alameda at downtown. We went there when we wre planning our wedding but that was a while back.
  • Check Craigslist for jars.  That's where I sold mine, and I know of other brides who have done the same.

My takeout containers were from Smart & Final - 50 for $5.

Candy I purchased 70-90% off at Target after the holidays.  The rest I purchased from the Somis Nut House (they have a website).

My aunt also made pink and green chocolates, and we picked up some of the pink lofthouse cookies from the market since they were the right color and very yummy.

My jars came from Home Goods and Michaels (I went frequently with coupons).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • On Olympic Blvd and Central Ave they sale pinatas an all types of candies ...hope this helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • write a nice letter to your favorite candy company and you'll be suprised what you get. free candy or discount coupons.

godd luck
  • Check out SugaRush Blogspot at www.AdrienneBowenEvents.com. you would be suprised at the responsiblity of manning the Candy Table plus the time, energy and cost involved in putting it together, you may be better off hiring a Candy Buffet Company, plus leaving your family or friend to handle the station may be risky if they decide to hit the dance floor and the grooms aunt slips on a gumball..... :-/  Hope you find some helpful hints on the blog, any questions call the Candy Team at Adrienne Bowen Events! Happy Planning!   
  • adrienne bowen - you are spamming the boards with your advertising.  i am reporting all of  your posts.  This is against the rules in the pesky terms of service  you agreed to.
  • There are many candy vendors online that sell in bulk for weddings and events.  I went through a company to do my candy buffet because I didn't want to deal with buying it all, but it is very doable.  I saw some of the jars at TJ Maxx Home Goods as one poster mentioned.  I also know they have them at Cost Plus and Shenoda's Design Center in Santa Ana.  Hobby Lobby also sells them.  Good Luck!
  • There are many candy vendors online that sell in bulk for weddings and events.  I went through a company to do my candy buffet because I didn't want to deal with buying it all, but it is very doable.  I saw some of the jars at TJ Maxx Home Goods as one poster mentioned.  I also know they have them at Cost Plus and Shenoda's Design Center in Santa Ana.  Hobby Lobby also sells them.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards