Missouri-St Louis

Small wedding, small budget

Hello fellow knotties!

My fiance & I just got engaged on Sept 23rd! We are both in school, & we are renovating our new home. Although I also work full time funds are tight. We are looking to get married in a small ceremony (30 people or less) & have a small dinner afterwards for the time being. We will have the big ceremony/reception after we get out of school, but for now just want to do something that our close friends & family can be a part of. That being said I was hoping to get some help on very inexpensive ceremony/reception sites in the area. Doesn't have to be fancy, as we have several people who will help out, but mainly just looking for the least expensive venue we can find, but still semi-nice, if that's possible lol

I greatly appreciate any advice you can give!
Thanks!
Robyn Marie
Brower-To-Be

Re: Small wedding, small budget

• edited December 2011
    I would look for a park for the ceremony and then do the dinner at a restaurant with a private room, that way you won't have to worry about staffing, decor, centerpieces, etc...  I know Maggiano's has really nice catering options for $50ish per person, and it is a ton of good food.  Brentwood, Clayton and Maplewood are nearby if you want to look for parks.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! I definitely second a park and then dinner at a nice restaurant, we got married at bee tree park (its in South County), it cost about $100.00 to rent the ceremony space for 5 hours, chairs would be extra but since you only need around 30 you should be able to do that pretty affordably too!  There are plenty of nice restaurants around there!
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_small-wedding-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:24b7fc86-545f-46d9-b647-52c81661d8ccPost:3c9a62de-aea1-4204-b1b0-abe010bfe5b5">Small wedding, small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello fellow knotties! My fiance & I just got engaged on Sept 23rd! We are both in school, & we are renovating our new home. Although I also work full time funds are tight. We are looking to get married in a small ceremony (30 people or less) & have a small dinner afterwards for the time being. <strong>We will have the big ceremony/reception after we get out of school,</strong> but for now just want to do something that our close friends & family can be a part of. That being said I was hoping to get some help on very inexpensive ceremony/reception sites in the area. Doesn't have to be fancy, as we have several people who will help out, but mainly just looking for the least expensive venue we can find, but still semi-nice, if that's possible lol I greatly appreciate any advice you can give! Thanks! Robyn Marie
    Posted by carmelbaby99[/QUOTE]

You mean a vow renewal, right?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_small-wedding-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:24b7fc86-545f-46d9-b647-52c81661d8ccPost:9437173c-bbe9-45cd-835b-a12814773453">Re: Small wedding, small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your engagement! I definitely second a park and then dinner at a nice restaurant, we got married at bee tree park (its in South County), it cost about $100.00 to rent the ceremony space for 5 hours, chairs would be extra but since you only need around 30 you should be able to do that pretty affordably too!  There are plenty of nice restaurants around there!
    Posted by bridetobemo[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Which location @ Bee Tree did you do? The overlook? Or the garden?
    Brower-To-Be
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I chose the Melting Pot for our reception.  Excellent food and atmosphere.  Our servers were incredibly attentive.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    So sorry I'm just getting back to you, we did the gardens, the overlook was to small for the number of guests we had!
  • If you need a photographer I'd love to do it! I'm building my portfolio!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards