March 2014 Weddings

we have a venue!

FI and I put down a deposit today for our ceremony/reception venue!  We're so excited!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: we have a venue!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_we-have-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:e90446d8-5459-4753-9b7e-e1b076d563daPost:21f60f2a-2326-4c68-a7f9-c2672eec53b1">we have a venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I put down a deposit today for our ceremony/reception venue!  We're so excited!
    Posted by silver0319[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrats! That's awesome!</div>
  • How wonderful! YAY!

We put down a deposit on ours in January.  What kind of venue did you select? 

We are doing ceremony & reception all in one location.  Ours is in downtown Baltimore near the harbor/waterfront.  It's a historic building with gothic windows, and a small shade garden with trees, shrubs, a goldfish pond, flowering plants, ivy, and a wisteria pergola.  We're hopeful the weather is warm enough (March 29th) to have our ceremony outside.  The ballroom on the inside has a fireplace, so if it's cool or gets cool later, we'll have that going.  What is nice about this venue is that it's small (we'll be the only wedding - they do one event at a time), it's private but near public transit (the airport amtrak subway and free shuttle are all within a mile or so), it's elegant and beautiful on the inside with simple decor (no bright or rich colors, all neutrals - white walls, hardwood floors, metal chandeliers) so we can select whatever color, the owner/manager acts as a day-of coordinator, and the garden is lovely. 

If anyone is still seeking a venue, and they are in the Baltimore area, you should check out Chase Court.

I hope you have a wonderful wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards