Wisconsin
Options

Venue help?

Hi everyone! First-time poster here. I'm Kathrine, and I've only been engaged for just over a couple months now (Aug 1) and am too excited to not start planning bits and pieces of the big day here and there (who wouldn't be!?). We have no set date yet, but I'm still a year and a half to two years from finishing college and am planning on having it some point after graduation for financial aid's sake. (we are thinking late spring or early fall 2013 most likely).

I've been looking through different venues for both the ceremony and reception, and have found a great possible place for our ceremony: Rotary Gardens in Janesville, WI (The idea of an outdoor wedding surrounded by gorgeous flowers is something I've been thinking about for a while). My side of the family resides in the surrounding area, so it works to the advantage of some of the guests, as well. However, their reception room, from what I hear is rather small, and everywhere else in the area I've researched, a catering company called Best Events has basically monopolized. I'd rather not do business with them due to bad blood between the management and my mother, but cannot seem to find a place that would fit 200-250 in the area that isn't partnered with Best Events.

I've been looking around the Delafield/Pewaukee area as well, as that's where my FI and his side of the family reside for the most part. I'm worrying that it will be too much of a drive for those attending both the ceremony and reception, and am having trouble finding a venue that doesn't utilize their own caterers at upwards of $25/plate.

I'm looking for suggestions for anywhere between the Janesville area and Pewaukee/Waukesha area that I can look into, as many of the places I've found would be out of our price range food-wise. Would love if there were a hotel attached/nearby for ease of guests' convenience, as well. Reviews, suggestions, places to steer clear of, or a helpful nudge would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR version:
Looking for reception venue that is open to outside caterers in Janesville area, Pewaukee area, or anywhere in between.

Sorry if there's a thread for venues or something. I'm new to this business. Just yell if I'm doing something wrong Tongue out

Re: Venue help?

• Options
    edited December 2011

:) were you checking if your post would work?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha yeah..There we go. Sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know that area but know a lot of other girls have a lot more information. Have you checked out the Wisconsin Knottie Website that has vendor reviews? Here is the link to reception venue vendor reviews from other girls on the board....CLICK HERE
    HTH!
  • Options
    kathleenkmmkathleenkmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my sorority sisters had her wedding at Rotary Gardens and it was gorgeous! Her reception was at a restaurant on Lake Koshkonong in Fort Atkinson and it was good and fairly inexpensive. :) I think it may have been one of the country clubs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through most of my primary and all of secondary school in Fort Atkinson, so I'm aware of the area a little bit, but not so much about the country club scene. I'll definitely have to look into it though :) Unless it was (and from the sounds of it it probably is haha) Koshkonong Mounds?

I've been through the Gardens several times and it is breathtaking every single time I set foot in there. I've kind of got my heart set on that for the ceremony, but I still have to look into indoor accomodations in case of weather.

Thank you so much, guys! You've been a huge help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards