August 2012 Weddings

Is my timeline crazy?

Ok I was talking to my mom about the day of the wedding stuff and she said something that kind of made me go "what the ?". I have a 5pm start time

I am leaving at about 8:45 to get one of my bridesmaids and head to the salon for her hair and makeup appt at 10:30. I get my hair and makeup done from 12-2. Other bridesmaid shows up at 2 for makeup and we head to venue (10 mins away).

Arrive at venue around 2:30 - 2:45.

Photographer shows up at 3:00 and I get dressed and ready by 3:30.

At 3:30 I take pictures with my bridesmaids, parents, and siblings.

From 4:00 to 4:30 the guys will take pics like above.

I'll be in hiding from 4 to 5 which is the start time.

My mom said that I am not normal for getting ready from 3 to 3:30 because than I have to stand for 2 hours in my dress because if I sit it will wrinkle and be all ugly down the back!?!? The only reason I did my pics at 3:30 was to avoid being seen by guests who might show up a tad early ( venue is on the other side of town and with traffic it could take about 45 minutes total since it is a weekday wedding) I didn't think it would be a big deal to sit for a little bit in my dress and it wouldn't be "ruined" so to speak. Thought?

Re: Is my timeline crazy?

• I was in my dress at 11 at my ceremony as at 1, most girls have to wear their dress for atleast 2 hours for before the ceremony pictures...
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • I get the concern about wrinkling, and my girls don't even want to be in their dresses that early for the same reason.
    One of my friends did her photos super early, and then changed out of her dress until right before the ceremony.  Would you be up for putting it on twice?
    Anniversary
  • I have no issues taking it off and putting it back on. I have no under garments other than underwear and it is a corset back so it takes maybe 15 minutes tops to corset up. I figure I can take it off from whenever pictures end until like 4:30 or so to make sure I have ample time to get it on and corseted up and ready to go for 5pm start time. I don't even have to undo the corset back, she can just loosen it and I can step out or have them pull it off me.

I will have to talk to my mom and see if that's an option she is willing to help with.
  • My first wedding I rode 20 min in the limo in my dress and it didn't get messed up. I'm ready at 3 for my 6:30 wedding. We're doing pics before then a 45 min drive to the ceremony. What about a steamer just in case for last min touch ups.
    85image 71image 14image
  • I will be putting my dress on at 1:30 for my 3:30 wedding.  I think you are fine!
  • I put my dress on around 3 ceremony wasn't until 630. We drove around town taking pictures, and I sat for about 15 minutes before the ceremony. There were no wrinkles in the dress. We did a first look and I wasn't concerned if people saw me before hand. We started early so we could get all photos done before the ceremony. After the ceremony we wanted to enjoy the cocktail hour.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm putting my dress on at 2pm, my ceremony is at 4:30pm, and I'm traveling in a car in between.  My dress is tulle, though, and wrinkles stay well hidden.  If I had a satin or taffeta dress, I'd be more careful.

Anniversary

• I will be dressed about 12:30 for my 4pm wedding, but we are doing all pictures before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! I am bringing a steamer and the dress is made out of organza I think? I know I'll be fine now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards