April 2013 Weddings

Time to brag on your fi

I was thinking about my wonderful Fi this morning, and about all the things I love about him and the ways I know how well suited we are to each other. One of the funny things that other people might think is wierd as an identifier of our compatibility is how we like the same TV shows. We watch a wide variety of things, from real life crime stories, to AFV, to Shark Tank, to Sci-Fi/Fantasy, to National Geographic specials. Granted, we don't like ALL of the same things, but there is a very large section of overlap. To me, it is a strange and wonderful thing that shows how we think similarly, and are interested in the same things. We even have a lot of the same past favorite shows from when we were kids. Which is a little odd, as he's 3 1/2 years older than me, and I would expect that to have created a small childhood culture gap...I love that we can sit around on a Wednesday night and go through our HULU and Netflix queues and practically pick the same show without talking about it. I say "how about AFV?" and he says "that's what I was going to say."

In what wierd ways are you reminded that your fi is right for you? Time to share.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Time to brag on your fi

• He sounds like a really great guy!

My FI is the ultimate funny, sweet, caring, loving, generous, hardworking,  amazing man.  He is so loving, and the second i get frustrated he is one of the only people that can calm me down.

I am so in love with the man i am marrying, i just cant even help it!

DONT GET ME WRONG, HE PISSES ME OFF TOO SOMETIMES,BUT HE IS TRULY AMAZING, AND I AM A LUCKY WOMAN!

We have grown up together the last 8 years together, and been through a lot!  But that man loves me despite my craziness, and my bridezilla moments!
  • I love that FI always puts me and our daughter first, and never complains.  He will run out at 2am to get children's Tylenol and popsicles for a sore throat.  He went out at midnight to get me chicken alfredo when I was pregnant.  If I see something on a commercial and say "wow, that's cool" he will remember it for 8 months and give it to me for Christmas.  Anything he can even FATHOM me wanting or needing, he will get it - right down to covering me with a blanket if he gets up in the middle of the night and sees that I've kicked them off.  It's like his sole purpose in life is to make me happy and make my life easier. 

I also love that he doesn't make fun of my quirks.... and I have a LOT of them.  He knows that whenever we move, I will refuse to go to the bathroom until the toilet seat has been replaced.  He doesn't share my love of the paranormal, but he DID book a haunted tour of Savannah the last time we were there for the 2 of us.... and it was in a HEARSE with the roof sawed off and bleacher seating installed.  He doesn't laugh that I sleep with a stuffed doggie when my anxiety is particularly bothersome, and he knows that I will go nuts if doors/drawers are only partially closed so he will close them before I see them.  And, after almost 9 years together, he has yet to take a jab at me for any of my weird habits. 

I was 27 when I met him, and thoroughly convinced that I'd never find anyone who loved and accepted me for ME, quirks and all.  I guess sometimes you just have to wait a little longer to find the PERFECT person to complete your life.  I'm glad I waited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My FI and I are the exact opposites, we compliment each other well. I am very introverted, shy and quiet, and a huge chicken. He isn't lol. He has gotten me to do things that I would have never done: back packing trip, white water rafting, and just opening my eyes to new experiences.

He can make me smile in the middle of an argument, which I hate and love at the same time. We kind of created rules at the very beginning of our relationship and I truly believe they have gotten us to where we are today. The rules gave us boundaries that we will never cross because once you do, you can't go back from them.

He is just an amazing guy and is perfect for me. :)
  • Awww, I love reading these!

My FI and I are opposites personality wise as well - I'm definitely more introverted and I struggle with social interactions while he's a natural born charmer.  Everyone knows him and loves him.  He makes me better at meeting new people and getting out there and interacting!  

There are times where we'll say what the other's thinking.  It's kind of weird but also pretty funny.  :)

I really just woke up and am caffeine-deprived, so I'm sure I'll have more to add later!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012

Aww, love these!!

FI and I are also complete opposites!!! He is an outdoorsy kind of man and I am totally not. I am such a girly girl, but I love this about FI. He has gotten me to do and try things that I would have never done. I have been camping, we go hiking, kayacking and I sometimes and by sometimes I mean when he is reallllly lucky, haha...go fishing with him... FI loves to fish and I have come to embrace that. I love that he is always taking care of me, and that he wants to be involved in the wedding planning. I am shy and he is sooo outgoing, funny and loves to be around people so he has brought me out of my shell. I often like to stay home and relax and he likes to be out and about. FI works with kids and is truly AMAZING at what he does. I often find myself smiling when I see him at work, or even playing with my niece and nephew because it makes me soo excited for when we have kids because I know he will be a great father. I love him <3

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ^ My FI is very outdoorsy too.  He's been patient with me as I've learned to go camping with his family and lately, ride a bike on city streets.  

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_time-to-brag-on-your-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:2c4b6f11-dda8-4f99-a2f0-a45dfeb63ba5Post:dd533b90-dd00-48fe-af69-6047a087d497">Re: Time to brag on your fi</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww, love these!! FI and I are also complete opposites!!! He is an outdoorsy kind of man and I am totally not. I am such a girly girl, but I love this about FI. He has gotten me to do and try things that I would have never done. I have been camping, we go hiking, kayacking and I sometimes and by sometimes I mean when he is reallllly lucky, haha...go fishing with him... FI loves to fish and I have come to embrace that. I love that he is always taking care of me, and that he wants to be involved in the wedding planning. I am shy and he is sooo outgoing, funny and loves to be around people so he has brought me out of my shell. I often like to stay home and relax and he likes to be out and about. FI works with kids and is truly AMAZING at what he does. I often find myself smiling when I see him at work, or even playing with my niece and nephew because it makes me soo excited for when we have kids because I know he will be a great father. I love him <3
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

I think our FI's would be good friends!
  • This is fun!

My FI is great.  He has taken DD as his daughter from the beginning.  She was 8 months when he met her.  He loves me for me even though I can be crazy.  When I don't feel good he brings me diet coke and candy from the store.  He brushes DD's hair and helps her put bows in it.  I can't imagine my life with out him.  I am so blessed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • These are cute!

FI laughs at all of my little quirks and remids me when I am being ridiculous. I think he grounds me and I am much more calm and relaxed now. He loves football and he checks up on scouting reports daily for my college's football team just to give me updates on how the team is doing even though they aren't "his" team. He also packs my lunch every morning because it takes me longer to get ready. I think I also get him to do more things than he would have tried on his own. I trained for a marathon last year and he trained for a half marathon at the same time to be suportive. I think he really just wanted to see if he could do it since he is "a fat man with short legs" (those are his words, I think he is a stud)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eddiesgirl11eddiesgirl11 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I love this topic as I could go on about Ed all day. I am truely marrying my best friend and the best man I have ever met ...but aren't we all girls? ; Ed and I are complete opposites. He is extremely smart I'm no dummy but def. not on his level... He is a phd at Harvard . He is usually serious and im pretty laid back. I joke with him that we are like ying and yang. He makes me always want to be better and try harder.
  • So glad everyone enjoyed this topic, and I deffinitely enjoyed reading them too. It's nice to see that a lof of us recognize that it's important to have balance in a relationship: one introvert, one extrovert; one planner, one spontanious...Fi is deffinitly an introvert, while I am more of an extrovert. It's frustrating sometimes (especially when it comes to wedding stuff and he sort of wants to have a tiny wedding where he can dissapear into a corner...), but I know it's part of how we are able to spend so much quality time together, which is part of how we were able to bond so quickly and strongly. I know we won't end up like one of his family members, whose wife after 20 years said she felt like she didn't know him because they hadn't spent enough alone time from when they met through their whole marriage. I think it's so important in the midst of all the wedding crazy that we remember the great things about our Fis and why we all want to marry them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Wow now that he is going thru counceling he is back to the way he was before his moms drama.
    He is definetly introverted & I am the entertainer. I love to make people laugh & he is more laid back. I am known by everyone which he enjoys. We both love sports & all our tv shows are the same. I dont like scary movies & he does so he will wait until I am not there or I am sleep to watch them. I am allergic to strawberries so he wont eat them around me, I dont eat pork & this he wont eat around me.
    I give him his space & he gives me mine. We love to do everything together most of the time. He will actually go shopping with me.
    I have a lot more education than he does & make twice his salary, but as a couple we are so equal on both levels.
    We love each other kids as if they are our own.
    We are looking for an apt & soon after the wedding should be rolling in.
    I am truly marrying my best friend. JOY!!
  • We are opposites in many ways, too...music and education background are the big ones, but not an issue at all. Our upbringing was very similar and I really appreciate that we have many of the same values!

I love most that he is always super silly with me! We talk to each other in weird voices, make up some of our own songs, and have weird inside jokes. It's totally ridiculous and fun :)

I think we are great for each other because we are so comfortable with each other! We can have fun being completely lazy and watching tv all day on a Sunday.

I also love that he is always proud to be with me. Sometimes he sucks at remembering to introduce me to people, but he is not afraid of PDA and is very much a hand holder. He makes me feel beautiful and special and I can't wait to be with him forever - especially to start a family together!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards