Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Has anyone else had a problem with Photography by Jennifer Lynn, LLC in Middletown, CT?

Hello - I am checking to see if anyone else has had a problem with this photographer !! All her reviews were good but it seems like everyone reviews her before they even see the photos ! She is friendly and has a great personality at first but then she fails to follow through on all her promises or even her contractual obligations ! I cant be the only one out there . . . .

Re: Has anyone else had a problem with Photography by Jennifer Lynn, LLC in Middletown, CT?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't but I don't like her just based on reading her "general description" on facebook. Kind of a b****y re-post of an article to me . . . also, her work is average and her website is really poorly designed. All red flags to me. Do you have other options in your area?
  • edited December 2011
    Not impressed.  Completely agree with Ellfay and had to send it to my employees as how not to write a business bio. 
  • skokos83skokos83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Actually no I haven't.  And you will have a hard time finding people who have had a problem with her.  I did A LOT of research to find a photographer for my wedding, that didn't charge an insane amount of money- and I think Jenn is it! I have hired her to not only shoot my wedding, but she has done 2 family shoots for us, my daughter's birthday party, and is doing my niece's prom pics.  All of the pictures that she has taken for me and the people I have recommended to her have been beautiful.   I'm sure that whatever your issues with her are or were must have been some misunderstanding.   And FYI her web page is under construction, if you want to see new pictures to judge her work check her out on FB.

• vicki113vicki113 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are all entitled to our own opinions and I see you are one of the many who has reviewed her without her having actually done your wedding. I am well aware that her website is "under construction" and her facebook page shows only favorable reviews becasue she has deleted and blocked all of the people who havee given her negative reviews. I hope she has actually delivered what she has promised and I strongly advise you to make sure you thouroughly read your contract to make sure you are getting all she promised. She pulls you in with a grat personality and many promises but fails to comply. I am sure she complained to you of the negative publicity she is recieving (if you are not her as she writes many reviews of herself under false ids) and asked you to write a review of her. Again - reserve your judgement until you see the final product. When you realise many of your photos are nothing you can use or fram due to funky angles you will see that I was indeed correct. As you can see above other photgraphers have reviewed her work and agree it is subpar. She has a full time job and three kids . . .  this is a hobby to her not a priority. And now she has her wear red for the troops so she has again taken on more than she is capable of. Best of luck to you.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are entirely correct.  We are all intitled to our opinions.  And no thiis isn't Jenn, I find it hard to believe that she would 'create fake id's' just to make herself look better.  No, I have not seen my wedding pictures- due to the fact that my wedding is next fall.  However, She has- as I said before done many sessions for my family, and I love all of the pictures she has taken.  And yes she does do photograpy as well as being a mother, have a full time job, and start a support page for American troops.  I don't see how if you did not like her stlye of photography (ie 'funky angles') you would hire her to begin with. 
    edited December 2011
    I would love to know who you are so I can look at your pictures on her facebook page in order to better agree with you. All of her review on wedding wire - other than moine - were writtne by her. She is friends with my cousin and that is why she was hired. She was buildong her wedding business at the time. I will be more than happy to show examples of pictures that are worthless but again need to know who you are and where I can send them. I will be more than happy to put you in touch with many others who have had similar problems -And I saw you hadnt had your wedding yet which is why I said that and I see this is the only post you have made so again that goes to my curiosity that you are likely Jenn as this has been her history. I already contacted the knot to check into this. Thanks! Have a great day!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I sent you a private message, and low and behold no response.   I also took a look at some of your info on here... You are complaining about a wedding that took place *2* years ago.  Honestly it took you that long to not like your photographer?  Maybe it is because 2 years later you want your 'all season engagement  sessions'.  Like I've said before I'm not Jenn, however I did ask her about this.  Also you have yet to put me into contact with anyone who has also had negative experiences with her.  Either way I really like her style of photography, and cannot wait for her to do my wedding.
    edited December 2011
    Im sorry that I have a full time job in addition to being a parent and am not available to spend all my time on this as you seem to be available to do  I am sorry that after 24 hours no one else has contacted you - and why would they with you present yourself?? Im sure you contacted Jen. . . .Im sure she was the one who put you up to this attack the first place. Since you do not know me or have not heard the full story behind why two years later I am still trying to get what I paid for then you can mind your own business. Jenn has been asked more times than you can imagine to provide me with these sessions and has always managed to come up with an excuse as to why she was unavailable. After two years of trying and only one session done I have turned it over to my attorney. I would provide you with all of my documentation full of Jenns bull$hit excuses but as I said it is in my attorneys hands now. Again have a great day and try to find something more fulfilling to spend your time on. . . Good Luck. . . After your wedding Im sure you will understand
  • I lost my pocket book Two years ago my names jennifer chirico i dont have a licence so to hear i have a speading ticket in middletown this month i did reserch with my name and found her same name Birthday somthung aint right now all her revires is noones getting pic is that her real name or is She using mine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards