Chit Chat

Present question

I know that you give gifts/presents to people in the bridal party that is no question asked.  BUT my question is do you give gifts to people who are reading passages at the wedding and ushers or do you just include that in the thank-you card you give them?? I am trying to buy BM gifts now to save some $.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Present question

• I would give them something. It doesn't have to be anything big, but they are playing a special role in your wedding. A gift would be a nice gesture.
  • Yes, I would give a gift to them as well, just something small that you know they will like, like a gift card somewhere they frequent or some other small token.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's nice to give the readers a small gift, but it doesn't have to be super fancy.  We got married just before Christmas and gave ours ornaments.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_present-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:39a903f3-7783-4bdf-a16e-eea04788f352Post:62ab6470-9275-4e92-829f-f740f6b4418b">Present question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that you give gifts/presents to people in the bridal party that is no question asked.  BUT my question is do you give gifts to people who are reading passages at the wedding and ushers or do you just include that in the thank-you card you give them?? I am trying to buy BM gifts now to save some $. Thanks in advance!
    Posted by PigTeachingEng[/QUOTE]

It is usually good etiquette to give them something. Our GM's doubled as ushers, so we didn't have to worry about that. We gave one of our readers a $20 gift card to Starbucks. The other reader (well the wife was involved in our wedding as well), we gave them a $100 gift card to a nice restaurant in town. We also gave one gift bearer (my Godmother) a gift card to Starbucks. The other gift bearer was H's Grandma and we gave her a special gift for well, being Grandma and helping with our wedding.
  • I would get them something small since they are playing a role in your special day. My FI is getting the GM's and ushers about the same thing--spending about the same amount on all of them. But I think for the readers, I might average around $20/person. Probably gift card to a place they love and a nice card with a written message.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Everyone who performs a role in your wedding for which they are not being paid should get a gift.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I've never seen this done and don't plan on getting them anything. (It seems like my family is different on a lot of the present issues though).
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards