Registry and Gift Forum

Registering for a Honeymoon...

Alright ladies. I'm torn about this. Is it tacky and rude? Or acceptable and personalized? What are your thoughts?

I appreciate your feedback!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registering for a Honeymoon...

• I don't like the idea. It's a disguised way of asking for cash. I also think it's shady for the guests because a) they might give you $100 but you only get $90 because the websites take a cut b) They might buy you some day trip or whatever and you may not be able to do it for some reason - so then they think they got you one thing when really they just gave you cash.

Some people will most likely give you money - if you want to use it on your honeymoon that's fine. BUT don't ask for it.
    Photobucket
  • Look a couple of posts below.  I'm sure there are several others just on the first page.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You might try reading some of the other posts on this board. It's a topic that seems to be posted about daily.
  • Don't like them. Don't like it when people ask me for cash and like it even less when someone tries to deceive me, which is what HM registries do.
  • Most people on the boards dont like them. I've heard the like vs disklike is about 40 v 60 but on these boards I think its more like 75% against and 15% for. Try honeyfund.com if you decide to do one, they dont charge fees like a lot of the other HM registry sites do
  • We had a honeymoon registry and it worked out great!  We didn't put our entire honeymoon on the registry, just excursions and spa treatments.  We also had the typical china registry and other kitchen items at two other stores.  We used the site that our travel agent was a part of, www.thehoneymoon.com. Everything worked out great and when we got the check for $774 we used it to take with us on the honeymoon and we did the stuff on our registry.  We actually ended up being able to use some of the money for shopping while in Mexico.  I'm glad we did it and it worked out great for us! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards