North Carolina

Forever Bridal Show 4/18/10

Is anyone else attending on Sunday? The event is from 11-4. Just wondering if I should get there at the start or come a bit later in the afternoon. I'm going with a friend who is getting married the week before us.

Has someone attended a previous show? Any tips for a first timer???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Forever Bridal Show 4/18/10

• wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going because I've been to 2 others & they're mostly the same. Everyone there will ask for your phone number, etc. Don't give it to them. They'll call you all the time & fill up your inbox. I still get calls all the time saying I've won this & that...all I have to do is attend x event...it's been a year since I've been to a bridal show! haha
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to like a billion of these. Maybe 4? haha, we got some use out of it, it was helpful for photography and comparing cake bakeries and just general research other vendors. 

It doesn't matter when you go, unless you want to see something they are doing, like the fashion shows, etc. Otherwise, its just walking around, meeting people and vendors the whole time, so it doesn't matter what time you arrive. 
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wear comfy shoes if you plan on staying a while. Be sure to look at the CPs they have set up, they're usually near the center. I got some great ideas from them. The bakeries were definitely a favorite of mine! It really helped us narrow down our choices.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies. The only question marks for me about the wedding is the flowers. I think we are going to do the flowers ourselves, but ideas would be nice.

The friend taking our engagement pictures mentioned Sunday as a possible day for our pictures. Maybe the boy and I can take pictures in the morning and then I head to the bridal show.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Fresh Affairs, they always have an amazing booth at these shows. You should definitely check them out.  They can work with almost any budget. 
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two.  I printed out address stickers (i got blanks at Staples) with our names, address, wedding date and the e-mail address I'd set up for the wedding on it.  And I didn't give out my phone number.  It's worked really well for me, I didn't waste a lot of time writing that stuff for everyone I wanted info from and was able to get through and talk to more vendors that I wanted to talk to (and get away faster from the ones I didn't).
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_forever-bridal-show-41810?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:6c6f201b-e964-40cc-b306-ce259b0c462dPost:ee9ce81c-adbe-42ff-a003-c2580a8f9e54">Re: Forever Bridal Show 4/18/10</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going because I've been to 2 others & they're mostly the same. Everyone there will ask for your phone number, etc. Don't give it to them. They'll call you all the time & fill up your inbox. I still get calls all the time saying I've won this & that...all I have to do is attend x event...it's been a year since I've been to a bridal show! haha
    Posted by wlfpkbride[/QUOTE]

Agreed here! They fill my inbox and call me all the time!

I honestly did get a few ideas there, and some nice freebies, but I wouldn't go to another one, I've heard they are mostly the same.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! Thanks for the reminder about the pre-printed labels. I agree about not including the phone number. I'm already annoyed with David's Bridal. Apparently they give out your information when you register with them. I'm getting good at hanging up on people.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_forever-bridal-show-41810?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:6c6f201b-e964-40cc-b306-ce259b0c462dPost:c03a7091-0fc8-47c9-9e2f-e1e60f76d4c7">Re: Forever Bridal Show 4/18/10</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! Thanks for the reminder about the pre-printed labels. I agree about not including the phone number. I'm already annoyed with David's Bridal. Apparently they give out your information when you register with them. I'm getting good at hanging up on people.
    Posted by sgreen13[/QUOTE]

Yes.  This is one on the growing list of reasons why I don't like D.B.
  • edited December 2011
    This was such a waste of my time! Two hours of my life I will never get back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards