Jewish Weddings

Ketubah frame

Does anyone know the average cost of a ketubah frame for a standard size?  I'm ordering my ketubah from mpartworks and they charge $178 for framed with matting.  Is that in the ballpark or am I better off getting it framed afterwards?

Re: Ketubah frame

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it really matters what frame you want, my framing cost a lot more than that but we went with a custom frame and mounting.  The price they quoted seems reasonable to me but I'm sure you could get cheaper if you really want to.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also ordered from mpartworks and I just though the frames were just too pricey.  I haven't figured out what to do for the day-of, which is a bigger concern - I may see what I can get that's not too pricey and will work for that day.  As for long term, I feel like if you go to a good store, you'll have more options and can price things out - worse case, you can always order the frame from mpartworks after the fact. 

Is the frame for the day of or after?  If for after, what are you doing for the day-of? TIA.
  • lyss3210lyss3210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not ordering the hinged frame, I think it's too pricey.  I'd order the clear plastic sleeve for $5 for the day of

• edited December 2011
    I got some covering I ordered (I don't recall a clear option, maybe I just got the protective envelope), but after we sign, I want to put it into a frame so it doesn't get too many paw-prints upon reading and it can be displayed easily.  I'll look for a clear plastic sleeve and maybe just some ordinary frame for now.
  • lyss3210lyss3210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What I got is called a clear archival envelope.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards