South Carolina-Charleston

Gatherings of Dorchester.....ever heard of it?

Recently stumbled across the gatherings of dorchester as a possible ceremony & reception site www.gatheringsofdorchester.com  I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it or attended a wedding there?

Thanks

Re: Gatherings of Dorchester.....ever heard of it?

• edited December 2011
    My friend Lauren had her wedding their last month.  Here's a link to some of her photo's from the venue.

http://chiphotos.blogspot.com/2011/01/lauren-dustys-winter-wedding.html
  • edited December 2011
    thanks a lot! Her pics look great...it seems like a nice country place. What did you think of the venue? 

Thanks for sharing the link.
  • kristenr922kristenr922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard nice things. I see you are in New York, will your guests be traveling? My only concern is that Dorchester is kind of in the middle of nowhere...I grew up in the area. And I love the area but I would be concerned about where guests will stay since there aren't any hotels nearby and transportation if they are flying. If that's a non issue it might be a good place for you!
  • edited December 2011
    yes, my fiance & I live in NY but I'm from Charleston & he went to high school there & all of my family and his friends are there and his other family members are spread around in other states but only a few out of SC guests will be there and they will be together & traveling w/his mother (who lived in SC for yrs) so I think it could work since the majority of our guests will be local. I did map quest it & it seems kinda out there! I've never heard of it so I had to try & get some opinions.
  • edited December 2011
    I liked the venue and the only draw back as noted is the distance.  It was perfect for what she was looking for and really didn't have anything negative to say about it.  Price was the biggest reason she chose the location.  I've been to other weddings in the are at Boone Hall and Magnolia and I personally like this location better.  Hope this helps and good luck!!!
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there. It's a nice and is really inexpensive. The only thing like PP mentioned is that it is out in the middle of nowhere.
  • edited December 2011

sad to say all fridays & saturdays in october are booked :( 

we were really wanting an october wedding...guess i will keep looking

• edited December 2011

It is a beautiful place. It is sad to hear it is unavailable. i am having my wedding there in September! Although it is in the middle of "no where" it is very quite and peaceful. There are really accomidating as well. The two ladies there love what they do and really want to help any way possiable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards