New Jersey

Florists..

Hi ladies!
I'm going to start my search for a great Florist to use today... any specific questions I should be asking that helped you in your search?!  Also.. any recommendations - I will be looking in Staten Island today... and then branching out to NJ if necessary.. .

Also - what is a  reasonable / realistic budget for flowers?! How about prices per tall centerpieces you have been quoted for and then bouqets for your BMs...

thanks alot in advance!!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florists..

• For some reason I got the most stressed by flowers... I visited 3 and 1 was drastically different in price, so definitely shop around.

Hate to say it but it really depends on what type of flowers you're having.  If you can stay in season you can keep the cost low.

I am using Adam at AW and paying right under $2k for 15 tall centerpieces ($73 each), my bouquet ($140), 8 BMs ($60 each), 8 GM, 2 Dads and 1 Grandpa ($12 each), 2 Moms ($30 each), 1 Grandma ($20).  I think thats all...

We are using reception flowers on tall podiums to line the aisle for the reception since its all at the same place and not in a church.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've gone to 5 florist!!! I was stressed on the flowers as well. I'm not picky by all means but for some reason the flowers were a hard decision. I'm having 30 tables with 15 tall and 15 small. 175 for the tall which are going to be sitting on tall clear vases with water and flowers and an arrangment on top and 75 for the small. bm bouquets r 75 I believe and mine is 150. The mens bouti. are 10 each. But with everything included with isle runner and 2 ceremony arrangements for the churh and pews and also candles around each table with rose petals is 6000 give or take. And they were all pretty much the same price. most of the tall arrangements were 200 and up. I got him to knock some money off. good luck in your search!!!
  • Florists were hard to choose from. Prices can vary greatly. We chose SK Floral Expressions in Hasbrouck Heights. Good luck!
  • hobo18hobo18 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    KC creations in Tenafly.....Mitch was amazing and i got the most compliments on my flowers!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Eat Drink and be Married
  • Santos has been great !
  • as far as recs, the names that kept coming up in my searches were AW in kearny, Santos, SK floral expressions and Metropolitan.  We ended up using the empty vase in closter. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards