Illinois
Options

MOH/Best Man prob.

My best friend is a guy, and we always said he'd be my maid of honor and I'd be his best man. Well, I'm getting married in October 2010 and named him maid of honor, and he's getting married in May 2011 and named me best man...

And then (after I already told all my/our friends and my family) him and his fiance puts up their website listing me as "Best Maid" and his brother as his best man...

His fiance is having a man be her maid of honor as well, but she didn't do this on her side of the wedding party. So I feel very upset. I know this wouldn't even be an issue if I were a man, and I have a feeling it's his brother initiating all of it...

I thought I could talk to my best friend about anything, but this is just too upsetting right now. What should I do?

Re: MOH/Best Man prob.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I probably also should have mentioned that my best friend didn't let me know about this before he posted it to his wedding website. I found out about it when they emailed everyone the link.

I suppose I wouldn't have cared as much if he'd told me about it first (I understand it's his brother), but his brother didn't even ask him to be best man at his brother's wedding, so I just don't understand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    eh, let it go. Yes, there's a chance that his brother was put out about not being best man and he did it to keep peace. But I have a feeling what really happened was you mean a ton to your friend and his brother means a ton to him. He probably just couldn't choose.

It's completely okay to have two people in the "best ____" position. It doesn't make it any less of an honor for you. I would just forget about it.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards