Moms and Maids

I'm heartbroken that my MOH is acting this way...please help.

This is long. I'm sorry. I just need to get this out of me.....

I'm beside myself. It is two weeks until the wedding and 1:30 in the morning. Am I stressing about the flowers arrangements or updating my registry? Am I a ball of nerves that just can't sleep? No. None of the above.

I'm miserable about the recent falling-out between my sister and I (who is also my MOH). I honestly cannot think about anything else right now. This is good, in a way, because right now I could care less if any of the details pan out....none of them matter. I just want my sister back!!! But I also cannot enjoy this time. My FI has a similar situation going on with his brother/BM so we're kind of going through this together, which is helpful. We're starting to wonder...is it us?

Here is what happened, and I will do my best to tell an unbiased version (though of course there will still be bias since I'm telling it, so try and sift through that).

All of you know that the guest list is the most stressful part of the wedding. Well, it deffinitly was for me! I had two sets of invites going out in different languages...my future in-laws really wanted to invite more people and I had to say no to them (but I love them, so that was hard!), and then my mom added 20 people on at the last minutes but I couldn't argue bc shes paying for it, and then no less than 15 invites came back due to some random address or postage problem and I had to find out what was the problem and then re-send them....it was never-ending!!!

I finally got this all done...all invites out, whew! Until one morning after I had worked until midnight the day before (and also happened to be three days before the bridal shower), my sister called me early in the morning and the conversation went something like this:

Her: "Hi!"
Me: "Hey" *yawns*
Her: "Did you invite Mrs. so and so?"
Me: " What? No...I think I've met her like one time maybe? I probably couldn't tell you who she was in a group of people."
Her: "oh. hm."
Me: "Hm what...what's up?"
Her: "Well she was a little offended that she wasn't invited to the bridal shower, so I really think you should send her a wedding invitation."
Me:"..........."
Her: "Hello?"
Me: " Um. No. I'm not doing that. I hardly know her. No."
Her: "Ok." (in a sarcastic tone)
Me: " Are you mad or something?"
Her: " I really think you should invite her. That's just my opinion."
Me: "Ok. great. Thanks."
Her: "Well....I guess I'll have to smooth things over with her"   *sigh*
Me: "You don't need to do anything. I'll handle it. Thanks."
(and then it progressively gets worse....until we BOTH say things we probably didn't mean)

In the end....she ended up calling me "manipulative" while being unable to explain why she thought that. I ended up saying that she was "only my sister when it was convenient" for her, which I have felt for a long time, but very much regret actually saying. The last thing she said to me was that she "didn't need to be in this wedding anymore." Dramatic! All over an univited guest!!

I spent the next two days crying and didn't even want to go to my Bridal Shower at all. I did end up caving in and sending Mrs. So and so an invitation in an effort to create peace. I called a mutual friend to ask her to apologize to Mrs. so and so for overlooking her, and that I would love to see her at the wedding. (I'm a wimp, I know!! But I hate conflict!) But, little did I know that my sister had already gotten to her and made me out to be a bridezilla...telling her that I got all upset and that now we're in a fight (which was true, but why does anyone else need to know? Drama!!!!)

We both managed to fake it for the Bridal Shower and it went ok. I have slowly tried to talk to her, invite her to do things, etc. with the hopes that this will just dissolve. But it hasn't. She has been completely uninvolved with ANYTHING for the past month and a half since the bridal shower. My wedding is in two weeks. So basically...when I've needed her most.

Thankfully I have three amazing friends who are also bridesmaids. Two of them had family members pass away in the past month, so I didn't tell them any of this...I felt like they had enough going on emotionally. But now that they're "back", so to speak, they are very, very supportive. They did notice that my sister had stopped doing anything and now they're trying to make up for lost time (i.e. trying to pull together my bachelorette party that is scheduled for next weekend). I'm sooooo lucky and blessed to have them. Very grateful at this point.

I miss my sister. So much. I feel like she was out of line in the first place, but that we both said things we shouldn't have. I think, as MOH, she should have gone to bat for me to this uninvited person and said "I'm sorry, I'm sure she didn't mean to offend you but there is a limited amount of space. We can't accomodate everyone that we would like to."

I have not apologized, mainly because I'm ALWAYS the one who apologizes. I don't remember a single time in our lives that she's apologized to me. It's always this attitude of "I'm older. I know best." I'm tired of it!! But I'm willing to say sorry now. I'm so tired of this....and I feel horrible....and guilty....and sad. I'm about to marry my best friend!!! I should be happy!!!

She literally has not initiated any communication or offered to help with anything since the fight. Nothing. She did say she would still host the bachelorette party (when I asked about it).....but it is a week away and she hasn't notified anyone or send out invites. I'd even be ok with facebook event at this point. Whatever!  I will never have this time in my life again. Maybe I'm being selfish...but it's my wedding. My ONE wedding. Ever.

My other bridesmaid is going to take over the bachelorette party tomorrow. But I'm still torn up about my sister. I love her, I miss her. I want this to be fun for us, as sisters. But i'm heartbroken.

Help please...and I'm sorry this is so long!!!

P.S. To add insult to injury....this guest RSVP'ed with a "mystery extra person". Nice.

Re: I'm heartbroken that my MOH is acting this way...please help.

• Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    hmm.  That's tough.  My sister and I have a love hate relationship.  We fight, unnecessarily.  We always make up though.  We love each other unconditionally, but sometimes we just get at each other's throats.  I have no intention of inviting her with a +1, but she keeps talking about some guy she's not even dating who lives in the town she lives in on the other side of the country.  She's my MOH.  I don't even want to go there, so I get where you're coming from. 

However, often, even if I don't want to, I have to be the bigger person and apologize.  I know it sucks always being the one to say sorry, but usually she reciprocates it and then we can repair the damage from there.  If you want things to settle down and want your sister back, apologize for what you said.  It's not a matter of who is caving first, it's a matter of you both said something to hurt each other and whether or not you are the first person to say "sorry", you still need to say it. 

Good luck.  Maybe take her out to lunch or get a drink.  Somewhere that might keep the drama down. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_im-heartbroken-moh-acting-this-wayplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:b4743e04-957c-476e-8c98-dad8857147f0Post:fd334e3f-5859-40b4-bcea-7c909bd736a7">I'm heartbroken that my MOH is acting this way...please help.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is long. I'm sorry. I just need to get this out of me..... I'm beside myself. It is two weeks until the wedding and 1:30 in the morning. Am I stressing about the flowers arrangements or updating my registry? Am I a ball of nerves that just can't sleep? No. None of the above. I'm miserable about the recent falling-out between my sister and I (who is also my MOH). I honestly cannot think about anything else right now. This is good, in a way, because right now I could care less if any of the details pan out....none of them matter. I just want my sister back!!! But I also cannot enjoy this time. My FI has a similar situation going on with his brother/BM so we're kind of going through this together, which is helpful. We're starting to wonder...is it us? Here is what happened, and I will do my best to tell an unbiased version (though of course there will still be bias since I'm telling it, so try and sift through that). All of you know that the guest list is the most stressful part of the wedding. Well, it deffinitly was for me! I had two sets of invites going out in different languages...my future in-laws really wanted to invite more people and I had to say no to them (but I love them, so that was hard!), and then my mom added 20 people on at the last minutes but I couldn't argue bc shes paying for it, and then no less than 15 invites came back due to some random address or postage problem and I had to find out what was the problem and then re-send them....it was never-ending!!! I finally got this all done...all invites out, whew! Until one morning after I had worked until midnight the day before (and also happened to be three days before the bridal shower), my sister called me early in the morning and the conversation went something like this: Her: "Hi!" Me: "Hey" *yawns* Her: "Did you invite Mrs. so and so?" Me: " What? No...I think I've met her like one time maybe? I probably couldn't tell you who she was in a group of people." Her: "oh. hm." Me: "Hm what...what's up?" Her: "Well she was a little offended that she wasn't invited to the bridal shower, so I really think you should send her a wedding invitation." Me:"..........." Her: "Hello?" Me: " Um. No. I'm not doing that. I hardly know her. No." Her: "Ok." (in a sarcastic tone) Me: " Are you mad or something?" Her: " I really think you should invite her. That's just my opinion." Me: "Ok. great. Thanks." Her: "Well....I guess I'll have to smooth things over with her"   *sigh* Me: "You don't need to do anything. I'll handle it. Thanks." (and then it progressively gets worse....until we BOTH say things we probably didn't mean) In the end....she ended up calling me "manipulative" while being unable to explain why she thought that. I ended up saying that she was "only my sister when it was convenient" for her, which I have felt for a long time, but very much regret actually saying. The last thing she said to me was that she "didn't need to be in this wedding anymore." Dramatic! All over an univited guest!! I spent the next two days crying and didn't even want to go to my Bridal Shower at all. I did end up caving in and sending Mrs. So and so an invitation in an effort to create peace. I called a mutual friend to ask her to apologize to Mrs. so and so for overlooking her, and that I would love to see her at the wedding. (I'm a wimp, I know!! But I hate conflict!) But, little did I know that my sister had already gotten to her and made me out to be a bridezilla...telling her that I got all upset and that now we're in a fight (which was true, but why does anyone else need to know? Drama!!!!) We both managed to fake it for the Bridal Shower and it went ok. I have slowly tried to talk to her, invite her to do things, etc. with the hopes that this will just dissolve. But it hasn't. She has been completely uninvolved with ANYTHING for the past month and a half since the bridal shower. My wedding is in two weeks. So basically...when I've needed her most. Thankfully I have three amazing friends who are also bridesmaids. Two of them had family members pass away in the past month, so I didn't tell them any of this...I felt like they had enough going on emotionally. But now that they're "back", so to speak, they are very, very supportive. They did notice that my sister had stopped doing anything and now they're trying to make up for lost time (i.e. trying to pull together my bachelorette party that is scheduled for next weekend). I'm sooooo lucky and blessed to have them. Very grateful at this point. I miss my sister. So much. I feel like she was out of line in the first place, but that we both said things we shouldn't have. I think, as MOH, she should have gone to bat for me to this uninvited person and said "I'm sorry, I'm sure she didn't mean to offend you but there is a limited amount of space. We can't accomodate everyone that we would like to."  I have not apologized, mainly because I'm ALWAYS the one who apologizes. I don't remember a single time in our lives that she's apologized to me. It's always this attitude of "I'm older. I know best." I'm tired of it!! But I'm willing to say sorry now. I'm so tired of this....and I feel horrible....and guilty....and sad. I'm about to marry my best friend!!! I should be happy!!! She literally has not initiated any communication or offered to help with anything since the fight. Nothing. She did say she would still host the bachelorette party (when I asked about it).....but it is a week away and she hasn't notified anyone or send out invites. I'd even be ok with facebook event at this point. Whatever!  I will never have this time in my life again. Maybe I'm being selfish...but it's my wedding. My ONE wedding. Ever. My other bridesmaid is going to take over the bachelorette party tomorrow. But I'm still torn up about my sister. I love her, I miss her. I want this to be fun for us, as sisters. But i'm heartbroken. Help please...and I'm sorry this is so long!!! P.S. To add insult to injury....this guest RSVP'ed with a "mystery extra person". Nice.
    Posted by virgincita[/QUOTE]

It sounds like she meant it when she said she didn't want to be in your wedding anymore so proceed like she isn't. Don't replace her or "promote" one of your BMs; you just won't have a MOH.

By the sounds of it (and you did admit your spinelessness always been a problem), it's high time you pulled up your big girl panties and started standing up for yourself since your sister has proven over and over and over again that she's not going to do it for you.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_im-heartbroken-moh-acting-this-wayplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:b4743e04-957c-476e-8c98-dad8857147f0Post:84bb65c8-2be8-42cb-b380-ff59770753b5">Re: I'm heartbroken that my MOH is acting this way...please help.</a>:
    [QUOTE]  If you want things to settle down and want your sister back, apologize for what you said.  It's not a matter of who is caving first, it's a matter of you both said something to hurt each other and whether or not you are the first person to say "sorry", you still need to say it.  Good luck.  Maybe take her out to lunch or get a drink.  Somewhere that might keep the drama down. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

And I disagree with this wholeheartedly. "Being the bigger person" is oftentimes just a euphemism for "being a doormat." Being the doormat and apologizing just teaches her that she can continue to walk all over you and treat you like crap -- and why on earth would she willingly change when being that way gets her what she wants?
    edited December 2011
    If OP didn't say things that were hurtful, then she wouldn't have anything to apologize for, but she did.  So what's the point in carrying on both hurt?  It's family that is involved.  It's her sister.  Not just a random girl. 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_im-heartbroken-moh-acting-this-wayplease?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:b4743e04-957c-476e-8c98-dad8857147f0Post:43ca3fd5-69fc-49d9-b115-8f01f1e5b9dc">Re: I'm heartbroken that my MOH is acting this way...please help.</a>:
    [QUOTE]If OP didn't say things that were hurtful, then she wouldn't have anything to apologize for, but she did.  So what's the point in carrying on both hurt?  It's family that is involved.  It's her sister.  Not just a random girl. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

OP's sister also said hurtful things that she hasn't apologized for, but apparently  you think that's perfectly acceptable behavior. Hey, if you want to go through life being a doormat to everybody, that's cool. I just think the OP should consider other solutions to her problems, including ones that involve finally growing a spine and standing up for herself and refusing to allow people to treat her like garbage.

Eh, to each her own.
    edited December 2011
    Just because someone chooses to apologize for a wrong does not make them spineless.  It means that they understand that they were wrong. 

So do you not apologize for things ever because it means you don't have a spine?

You cannot control people's actions, but I for one would rather start to make amends for the mean things I said to my sister than to not have a relationship with my sister.  If she doesn't think she did something wrong, that's her problem.  Because the sister won't acknowledge that she was in the wrong, you think the OP should ignore her own hurtful words?  That's just being ignorant, not having a spine.

Apologizing does not mean she's accepting what her sister did to her.  It means she's sorry for what SHE said to her sister.  It could open up the relationship and allow for her to tell her sister WHY she was upset and how her sister is affecting her.  Thus allowing her to stand up for herself to her sister while still letting her sister know that her words were unnecessary and hurtful.

Apologizing is not spineless.  Waiting for the other person to say something when BOTH are in the wrong is just pride and it gets you nowhere.  

But like you said... to each their own.  
  • virgincitavirgincita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Habs2hart and Zitiqueen,

I really apreciate both of your responses. I'm actually juggling between these two reactions....trying to dicide which one to go with. I have not stood up for myself in the past; I've always took on the role as "peacemaker" in my very dystfunctional family. But I'm tired of it. I have spoken with two other people about this: my mom and my fiance. Both of them agree that my sister is at fault (although I did say some things that were a little too honest as well) but my mom thinks I should stick with what I've always done, and apologize first..."be the bigger person" etc.

My fiance feels very strongly that I shouldn't give in to her. She was wrong and I need to stop rewarding bad behavior. He has a similar situation with his brother/BM and knows how I feel. Thank God we can sort of go through this together.

The reason I'm confused is because three days after the fight my sister introduced herself as my maid of honor at the bridal shower...so she obviously didn't consider herself out of the wedding even though she said that. But she's been MIA ever since.

You both are right... I need a solution...is there a way to be the bigger person while also making it clear that I don't approve of her behavior? Nicely?

I really want to "pull up my big girl panties" (love that expression!!) while not burning my bridge with her. I love her.
    edited December 2011
    Yes, confront her.  Be honest with her.  It's the only way.  Speak from the heart and avoid raising your voice, getting teary or emotional if you can. 

Regardless, if you want it resolved by your wedding, it's not going to resolve itself and it's unlikely she's going to be the one to start.  So really, it's up to you.  If you don't want to be peacemaker, accept that there likely won't be peace before your wedding. 

Just because you bring it up, doesn't mean you have to take her crap.  You can apologize for your side and tell her what she is doing is hurting you and you aren't going to stand for it. 

You are the peacemaker (or start of it) and are pulling on your big girl panties.
  • tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your sister has NEVER been one to apologize, why do you think that she would start now?  Obviously, you miss your sister, and you want her in your wedding.  I'm sure there will be other times in your life in which you can stand up to her and try to make a point, but is this REALLY the sword that you want to die on?  (Especially since you already invited the problem guest anyway?)  If she misses your wedding because of this "fight," you'll both regret it for years to come.  You can't expect her to change who she is just because its your wedding.  Do what you've always done - make peace and get your sister back.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You want your sister back.  You've said this.  I'm not sure why the disagreement escalated to such an extent, but it's probably a life-long pattern.  The timing here is critical in that you could waste this entire time fighting with her, and look back with longstanding regret that she wasn't "there" for you at this important time. 

Which would you regret more?  Not having your sister with you at your wedding or trying to make amends now?  Figure this out and act on it.  I suspect you'll regret it way more if you lose this time with your sister.

Good luck!
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually really understand where you're coming from.  I love my sister (she's also my MOH), but she and I are basically not talking right now because of a huge fight we had a couple of weeks ago.  She's a lot like your sister - thinks she's always right, thinks it's her place to control things that are none of her business, has never actually apologized for anything.  And I usually give in because being angry is too much work and I love her and want her in my life.  However, there comes a time where you have to draw a line or else this kind of situation will just keep happening. 

However, in my case I have the luxury of time.  You don't.  Yes, you need to take a stand and you can't always be the person to apologize, but eventually, you two are going to make up.  Do you really want to look back on your wedding and regret that your sister wasn't there (as it sounds like she might not be)?

Ultimately, there are going to be other fights where you can make that stand.  Maybe this isn't the time you do it.  You already gave in and invited the guest she wanted, maybe you should just apologize to smooth things over.  It sounds like that would get you what you want more than to be right.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • redheadedgeekredheadedgeek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a tough situation because it is clearly a life-long pattern of miscommunication that now threatens to derail your happiness with your wedding. Since your sister introduced herself as your MOH recently, she clearly wants to remain a part of the event. It won't be easy going to her to talk this out but it might be the only way to get what you want. Of course, first you need to decide what that is. If what you want to win this fight, then take her seriously when she says that she wants out of the wedding. If what you want is to have you sister at your wedding and by your side, then it time to talk with her. Maybe you can even get at what is at the root of her unhappiness. Clearly, something is bugging her and has been for a while. Do you want to know what it is? This could escalate the argument or it could resolve this issue. Listening to her and acknowledging her feelings is not the same thing as taking responsibility or apologizing to her. What you are doing is saying that you love her enough to listen. Even if you dissagree with everything she says, you have a better chance of finding a middle ground if you know where she is coming from.
    Good luck! I believe that there is a resolution here.
    i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) e.e.cummings Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • andekittenandekitten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a similar situation going with my own sister (bridesmaid) and it is a really difficult line to tread.  I understand that you don't always want to be the one to apologize first, and believe me, I feel the same, but sometimes it's necessary.  You can apologize for the things you said without making excuses for the things she said or the actions she took to start all this.  There is no reason she should have tried to guilt you into inviting someone you don't know to your wedding.  I would say the most important thing right now is for you to decide if it's worth it to you to talk to her first.  If you're going to be upset and miserable at your wedding because of this than I say you should probably talk to her.  If you think you can make peace with it and still have the incredible day you deserve then don't.  Whenever I'm in a fight with someone and I don't want to apologize or be the first to clear things up I always ask myself "is this fight worth ruining our relationship?" if the answer is no then I try.  At some point though the answer may change and you may feel like it's no longer worth always having to put yourself out there but is right before your wedding the time you want to end things?
  • vixeyvixey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tldnr.  Seriously, brevity is your friend.  You'll also get more responses because more people will read your entire post.  Alternatively, you could give a cliff notes version at the top of your OP. 

But it seems like the PPs have given you some advice, so this is just something to think about for future posts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Apologize for the overdramatic things you said (you're only there when it's convenient, etc.) Specifically apologize for each thing you said that was wrong...you know what those are.

2) Tell her she was wrong for pushing guests on you. If she had wanted that person to be invited, she should have said something a LONG time ago and it is not her wedding to be inviting random people to.

3) Tell her you would love to put this behind you and you would love to have her at your wedding. I seriously doubt she's going to miss your wedding. Even if she only shows up as a guest. And honestly, I would aim my expectations no higher than that so that if she does grow up, buries the shovel, and stands up with you, it will be a pleasant surprise.

4) Leave her to decide. It was very bratty of her to try and shove guests on you. She's not paying and it's not her wedding. If she doesn't understand that, and if she honestly thinks she did nothing wrong after all this, I think teaching her a lesson by not rolling over and taking it as you've said you've always done would be a good thing. If she doesn't show up, that's really her loss, not yours. If you've apologized for the bad things you said and tried to make peace, it's all entirely on her. Some people need to learn the hard way that they're being obnoxious.

My brother has been beyond frustrating for most of my life. He's a jerk, plain and simple. My mother (who adores him beyond reason) insists that he's getting better, but I receive the same treatment pretty much evey time I'm home. He's spoiled, and everyone except my parents seem to know it. He seems to be making improvement, but I'm not holding my breath until he finally moves out and starts to act like an adult.

He's an usher in my wedding. My mom tried to force him into being a GM, but my FI doesn't like him (he's super rude to FI and I when we come home for holidays and such). It turned into a huge fight with my mother which we eventually resolved. I let her know that until brother decided he wasn't too cool for his family, I had no interest in treating him with any more courtesy than necessary. He's part of my wedding and that's that. He's not FI's friend and he's not MY friend so he's not standing up with us. My mom can hate this all she wants, but that's how it's going to be and she hasn't brought it up since. If he starts to act like we're siblings instead of just someone to mock day in and day out, I might ask him to stand up with me in my ceremony.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • virgincitavirgincita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm going to take all of your advice and do the following:

- call her and see if she wants to meet somewhere for coffee or lunch.
    - I'm going to explain that this has been something I've been thinking about every day since it happened, and that I'm miserable because I miss her so much. Hopefully this will make her realize that I'm confronting her because I love her and not because I want to make her feel guilty.
    - I will go through why I thought what she did was wrong (being pushy about what she thought was best, even though its not her wedding, and then involving my stepmother who had nothing to do with it.) and why it hurt me.
    - Then I will explain that I let my hurt and anger get the best of me and I'm sorry for what I said.
    - Is there where she is supposed to apologize?

What do you think? I already tried calling her twice today, no answer....and no call back. Maybe she's busy. I'll try again tomorrow. I will tell you what happens when we talk.

Thanks again everyone. You've all been a big help.

• edited December 2011
    My sister/Matron of Honor just had a huge wedding related fight today actually, so this hits close to home. My wedding is still nearly a year away, and this is time number 2 she has made me cry. I've cried my eyes out today when she told me I obviously "can't handle the stress of planning a wedding" (I got upset after she told me I NEED to have the ceremony time at least an hour earlier than I had wanted because having it later was dumb) and "should just elope". I think it's just jealousy of her being done with her wedding planning and now the attention is on me or some other issue and not actually the time of the wedding. There are three of us (sisters) and we've always sort of battled for the attention so it makes sense. If I were in your situation, because family is really important to me, I would apologize to her and hopefully she can understand your point of view. Get to the heart of the problem, and realize that you will both probably regret her not being in the wedding if you don't patch things up soon. Tell her it would really mean a lot to you to have her there and it hurts you so much to think about her not being there with you. Remind her (and remember) that you don't want this one day to ruin your relationship with her. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards