Snarky Brides

I'm so ready to go home..

2»

Re: I'm so ready to go home..

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:fbf42fab-d03c-4e4f-b420-6a4da2198f31">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is Tuesday taco night? It sewems like there are a lot of SB tacos being consumed tonight. What are Taco Kitty's thoughts?
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Does Taco Soup count?  That's what's on the menu at our house this evening.  God bless the crockpot.
    Anniversary
  • It sure does!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:654a20dd-0a3f-410d-8da7-72eaf7ca6844">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm so ready to go home.. : Does Taco Soup count?  That's what's on the menu at our house this evening.  God bless the crockpot.
    Posted by ichellemay1[/QUOTE]

I'm making southwestern chicken and potato soup.  Yum!  Also in the crockpot.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:f3e122f8-b02e-46d4-b288-375d395fa2e1">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know all about being ready to go home. I'm sorry of this is TMI, but I'm currently experiencing terrible cramps. So much to the point that I got cold sweats and felt like I might pass out or puke. I took 2 ibuprofen right when they started getting worse but since it seems to take a good hour or more for it to take effect, it hasn't helped much. I have never wanted to be curled up in bed so bad. I could cry right now. Anyone have any good jokes?
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

<div>Why don't animals play poker in the jungle?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>too many cheetahs</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh God, I love you guys. Thanks for the tip Shaye, I will be stopping at CVS on the way home. 

LC - That joke, I love it. I giggled but it hurt too much so I had to stop.  : )

Alli - That's the joke from the Sedaris interview you gave me the link for!! Cracked me up.
  • Aww, dmiller.  Haha, I love cheesy jokes so much.
  • Feel better, LTZ! Cramps suck. I get them in my lower back.

The navy base planes are so effing loud right now that I can't hear a word on TV, and that does not make me happy. I can usually tune them out, but today they seem intent on pissing me off. I'm pretty sure they're about to land on my roof.

In happier news, I got my cover art redesign and interior layout final back from the publishing company! All I have to do now is go through the interior file (oh, about 281 pages) and approve it (or suggest changes) and approve the cover. I'd AW the cover art, but I promised my mom she would get first glance at everything, so you have to wait. Plus I need her opinion because while I like it, I might be imagining that it's cool.
  • me too, the ones I think are the funniest usually come from my 11 yr old nephew :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:281de2d7-a800-413e-90c6-257325363ea3">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm so ready to go home.. : I'm making southwestern chicken and potato soup.  Yum!  Also in the crockpot.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Crockpot obsession, I has it.
  • I haven't rad anything in the thread, except the last few posts, but here's a cheesy joke.

What did the one volcano say to the other? 

Do you lava me like I lava you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:85569060-6bd8-4517-b093-6f4f1cfca29f">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm so ready to go home.. : We watched Walking Dead last night and I was yelling at the TV during that part.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Good to know we werent the only ones. DH husband was like ok dumbass shoot her already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:c0aaf373-7d78-4462-bc1b-02922f47ecb7">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's FI's bday to today so we are heading out for a fantastic dinner at our favorite restaurant.  I think I may be more excited than he even is. Implanon -- I've not heard of that.  But I would like to know more.  Periods suck.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Implanon is the one they stick under the skin in your arm.  Just the idea makes me shudder.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • She does, shay - here, I shall share.

My bridal shower was nearly a month ago.  My mom wrote down all the names and gifts in a book.  She told me to take the book home and write the thank you cards (I live three hours away), but she still needed the guest list with addresses so she could contact people who hadn't RSVPd.  She then told me to bring the cards home and that she would address them and mail them.  So that's what I did - I wrote all the thank yous, wrote the names on the cards, and brought them back when I came home for the wedding so my mom could address them like she said she would.  I ran around doing wedding crap and getting married for five days.

Then after the wedding, we opened all the wedding gifts and she added all the new names and gifts to the book.  We loaded up our cars - and, this is my bad - forgot the list and book.  But my mom still needed the list anyway since she said she was going to address my shower thank yous.

So now it's been a week and a half since the wedding.  My mom sent the book with my sister who came back for college classes, but did NOT send the list.  So when I called her and asked her about it, she first fought with me that I actually did have the list (which, I didn't, because she still "needed" it), and then after she found the list, on the desk, where she'd left it, she told me since she and my dad are coming through town on Wednesday, which is tomorrow, she would drop off the list, and my un-addressed shower thank yous at my work office.

So basically, she offered to help, never did, and then kept the list because she had the intention of helping, and still never did, and now I get to address all my shower thank yous, send them a month after the damn shower, and get to work on the wedding gift thank yous.  That is, if she doesn't forget the list tomorrow.  Which is entirely possible.  The shiit of it is, this all could have been avoided if I had just refused her help and took the list anyway, or made a copy of it.  So I halfway have to hate myself.

panther
  • Whoa, AATB.  I don't even know how to reply to that.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh you don't have to.  I'm not even going to start a fight with her because I've learned that it's pretty much pointless.
    panther
  • Yeah my doctor wouldn't prescribe Depo because of the weight gain.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was on Depo for about a year and gained 30 pounds.  I retained water like no other and nothing I seemed to try would help with losing the weight. 

This, along with the bone density issues and blood clotting, is why I switched to Implanon.  My body reacted beautifully- I was able to lose weight again and although some women have trouble with spotting, I never have.  I don't even remember that it's there most of the time. 

It hurt a tiny little bit to get put in but not more than getting a shot or getting blood drawn would.  I haven't had to have it replaced yet so I'm not sure how it's going to be for having it taken out. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:281de2d7-a800-413e-90c6-257325363ea3">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm so ready to go home.. : I'm making southwestern chicken and potato soup.  Yum!  Also in the crockpot.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Southwestern chicken probably qualifies in the taco category, too.  Enjoy!!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-ready-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:90c6692f-a033-4172-b590-d3b67ed437d6Post:da2238db-84c6-4e11-88dd-b8fae509cf74">Re: I'm so ready to go home..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm waiting very impatiently for FI to get home in three hours. He got a package and I want to know what's in it. It's one of those padded envelopes, and the item in said envelope is shape like a ring box. We haven't gone to look at rings yet, so maybe a Christmas gift? I want to know now, damnit! Other than that, doing laundry and making tacos for dinner tonight.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>Not that anyone but me really cares, but FI called and I asked about it. He told me he didn't know what it was and I could open it. I did and it was...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>a tape measure. FI had been talking to his dad and FI told him that we had lost ours (Or our ex-roommate stole it.) So FFIL sent FI one for his birthday. Not nearly as fun as I was hoping.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Bringing this thread back to say that I made the spaghetti pie I mentioned earlier in the thread, and it was AWESOME! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards