January 2013 Weddings

First Dance Songs?

What's everyones first dance song??  Mine is "Everything I do" by Bryan Adams.
God is Faithful!

Re: First Dance Songs?

• We've been long distance for just about all of our 5 year relationship, so we chose At Last by Etta James.
  • Manjermj -That is too cute. FI and I were long distance too up until about 6 months ago. no bueno.

We're doing The Luckiest by Ben Folds. We broke up towards the end of high school and FI still blames himself for causing me that much pain, so he connects with the first line of the luckiest which is "I don't get many things right the first time."

It's cute. He's much more attached to the song than I am, but it is a very good song for us.
  • Ours is This I Promise You by Ronan Keating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uHvGtoDOfk

image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_first-dance-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:8c623e8d-52c5-438d-a3ca-c34137b488f8Post:27ad526c-6fd5-4b28-9de7-da9fad3cffef">Re: First Dance Songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've been long distance for just about all of our 5 year relationship, so we chose At Last by Etta James.
    Posted by manjermj[/QUOTE]

I'm actually walking down the aisle to At Last by Etta James.  Such a wonderful song!
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • OHHHH I LOVE "AT LAST"...that is def a song to be played at every wedding, at least SOMEWHERE during the night.  Nice choice : )
    I don't know the others.
    We chose the song we did "Everything I do", because the lyrics are perfect for us and also because it was on right after we got engaged and while my FI and I were in separate cars (girls in one, guys in the other), he called me and sang it to me over the phone as it played on the radio....THEN when I picked up my wedding dress, it was playing in the store!  I nearly cried.
    When we have gotten into arguments, he has told me afterwards "look at me"...before he went into his speech about how serious he was about me...so the first line is really what stole my heart "look into my eyes"...  : ) 
    God is Faithful!
  • "The Book of Love" Magnetic Fields 

FI's pick but I've fallen for it :)  Second place was "amazed" by Jem because I was an O.C. nerd in high school.
  • "I Remember You" by Slim Whitman - completely perfect because NO ONE knows the song unless they've seen my favorite movie, House of 1000 Corpses. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • abbiecorwinabbiecorwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Our song is "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Frankie Valli (<-link!), so that will be our first dance. Whenever it comes on, we "practice" dancing to it, nothing formal just fun/romantic. I love how it starts slow and serious, but then there is that "ba-dum ba-dum ba-da-da-da-dum" part when it gets louder and more energetic. We are haivng lots of fun with the alternating tempos (? I don't know stuff about music...) and how we dance to it. 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • HAHAH too cute!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_first-dance-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:8c623e8d-52c5-438d-a3ca-c34137b488f8Post:731dbdf4-14dc-4674-9747-aab869c5a71b">Re: First Dance Songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our song is  "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Frankie Valli  (<-link!), so that will be our first dance. Whenever it comes on, we "practice" dancing to it, nothing formal just fun/romantic. I love how it starts slow and serious, but then there is that "ba-dum ba-dum ba-da-da-da-dum" part when it gets louder and more energetic. We are haivng lots of fun with the alternating tempos (? I don't know stuff about music...) and how we dance to it. 
    Posted by abbiecorwin[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • Nightswimming, by REM. 

On our first date FI looked through the CD's in my car (pre-mp3), and mentioned that he also had Automatic for the People. And I said, yeah, my favorite song is Nightswimming. Which was also his favorite song. And he said later that that's when he knew how awesome I was. It's actually a song about a breakup, so it might not be super appropriate, but it's our song, lol.
  • Our first dance song is "Tangled Up in You" by Aaron Lewis from Staind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards