Not Engaged Yet

Thursday!

Let's celebrate with butter sandwiches!

Okay, maybe not.  I have spaghetti squash and turkey burger for lunch in like an hour.  I'm so hungry.  Stupid grocery store only had cinnamon raisin bagels last night, and those things are evil.

Any fun plans for this weekend? 

I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thursday!

• that monkey has the face of one of my ex boyfriends..lol

no real fun weekend plans but tomorrow the pottery barn chair that I have been eyeing and found for half the price on overstock gets delivered so I'm excited about that!

What about you?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today is my last day of work before vacation! FI and I fly to Florida tomorrow.  Saturday is my neice's first birthday party.  Sunday is FI's birthday.  Monday we might go to a water park, but it looks like it might be rainy.  And then Tuesday we head home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a Pringles sandwich for lunch. My bf insists on putting ham and cheese in...but I just eat it all together and it's soooo good! I've been looking forward to lunch every day!

And yes Peek those bagels are evil. But I don't like any bagels...do you like other types?

Wow a new monkey. It really makes me realize how much about this world has yet to be discovered. It's not like monkeys are small, so how many bugs and germs and rodents haven't we found yet?

Nothing fun yet planned for the weekend. Probably staying here and dropping my bf and his friend at a beer festival, then picking them up after four hours of drinking. I'm not a beer fan so I'll run errands and go shopping.

• I love monkeys! Before I transferred campuses at school I lived right across the street from the Chimpanzee Institute. When I was walking to class sometimes I would see them.

BF and I are going to a hockey game on Saturday and one of my good friend's is having her daughter's birthday party on Friday so we're going to see Finding Nemo in 3D. I love that movie so I am kind of excited.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Today is my Friday, sweet mother mercy. This has been a hell of a week :|.

• I love how someone's pet lead scientists to discover a new species. 

I just got to work. I made a discovery last night that one of our friends, who got married last November, wore the same wedding dress as me. I texted her husband, who I'm better friends with, and he had a great laugh. 

I knew it was a similar sillohouette because her and I are the same height, similar body shape, and skin/hair/glasses coloring, and she looked great and it inspired me to look for a similar dress. I was going through their wedding pics last night and I turned to FI and said, "what do you think of A's dress?" He replied, "Is your dress anything like it?" I of course said no and kept flipping through the pics. Seconds later I realized, holy hell, it's THE SAME dress!! She added a red satin sash to hers under the bow. I'm removing the bow and using the belt from Elle's dress on mine. So, it will look a little different but wow. 

Anyways, I was supposed to be halfway across Texas this time today on my way to AZ and Cali, but alas, I'm at work, preparing for a night of cleaning when I get home. FI and I have free CFA breakfast and then we're going to get new phones tomorrow. I'm going to church by myself Saturday and I'm taking Sunday off, so I can drink while we play horribly against UCLA. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Peek- I saw that monkey it is super cute. I hear it has a very bright bootius maximus

Still - Well hopefully you get the awesome relaxing weekend you deserve after a hell week.

Plans for the weekend include 35 mile bike ride followed by a 5 mile run saturday morning. Then a bbq and fundraiser at our new house.

Plus reading a book I want to read not an accounting book or english book thank goodness for 2 weeks off of classes.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3a31e024-f6bb-427e-85cd-0462807538a7Post:4a84289f-e7d7-432c-826f-5561336031ee">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] so we're going to see Finding Nemo in 3D. I love that movie so I am kind of excited.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

Finding Nemo in 3D?! I've got a new plan for the weekend!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3a31e024-f6bb-427e-85cd-0462807538a7Post:9d9a33a2-dce2-48b8-a809-2a9019412870">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday! : Finding Nemo in 3D?! I've got a new plan for the weekend!!
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

Me too I see what sunday evening is going to include :D
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I'm packing this weekend!
  • I am doing a 30-mile bike ride Saturday morning, then DH's mom and stepdad are coming up to take us to a Diamondbacks game. Should be fun.

My back has started to try to kill me, so I'm heading home to work from the couch with a heating pad for the rest of the day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I'm going to the dentist in an hour and a half :-( Getting my teeth cleaned and a cavity filled. Blegh.

---AW warning------

Anyways, BF very kindly drove into the city to pick me up from dinner with my boss/co-workers so that I didn't have to take the train home last night. We didn't get home until about midnight and stayed up for a while in bed. After saying it was getting late, and we really should go to sleep, BF turned to me and said "Okay, but first I need to say some nice things to you. You are the best, best, BEST thing that has ever happened to me. You have no idea how much I love you." Then I think I kissed him, and then he said "I think we're going to be together for the rest of our lives." I wasn't sure I heard him right so I asked him what he said, and he repeated it. I - oh so eloquently - said "Duh!" and then we talked about how we're going to be such awesome old people together, because we love cruises, crossword puzzles, and board games.

Okay. I'm done - just had to share because I've been giddy all morning about that. I know it's not a proposal, but it makes me happy to hear him thinking in terms of "forever".

------AW complete-----------
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rahrah82rahrah82 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012

Hi ladies!  I hope everyone's work/class day is going well.

I woke up this morning and said "Damnit, it's only thursday"! I think I might have been dreaming it was friday already.

I don't really have any plans for the wknd, I may go to this greek festival going on (even though I'm not greek), since I have gone to the jamaican, arts and crafts and african american cultural festivals the past few weekends.  I might just go to enjoy some greek food. My girlfriend and I will probably be finishing up on our website for our business to help get things going, so nothing too exciting is going on my way.

ETA: Hummingbird, that was very sweet!  Gotta love it when they do that!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
  • I woke up and thought it was Friday...biiig bummer :(  Tomorrow I'm going out with some friends to celebrate all the September birthdays since we all seem to cluster together.  Nothing much else planned except for heading to Baltimore to watch the Ravens game on Sunday!
    Anniversary
  • I am actually lost with what to do this weekend! Believe it or not, this is our first weekend since April that there is NOTHING planned.

I am hoping I can work on some WR things (mockup of centerpieces), do some redecorating around the house, which consists of taking down summer decor and putting up fall decor, and maybe get a little scrapbooking in. I have this shadow box frame and I want to decorate with some sort of wine theme and hang it over my kitchen sink. So hopefully my brain lets me get things done in a way that I will like them.

• Stina, you reminded me that I want to paint a moraccan design on a table I got recently, so maybe I will do that!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3a31e024-f6bb-427e-85cd-0462807538a7Post:e69fec8d-8527-4cef-a197-374d81eddebc">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to the dentist in an hour and a half :-( Getting my teeth cleaned and a cavity filled. Blegh. ---AW warning------ Anyways, BF very kindly drove into the city to pick me up from dinner with my boss/co-workers so that I didn't have to take the train home last night. We didn't get home until about midnight and stayed up for a while in bed. After saying it was getting late, and we really should go to sleep, BF turned to me and said "Okay, but first I need to say some nice things to you. You are the best, best, BEST thing that has ever happened to me. You have no idea how much I love you." Then I think I kissed him, and then he said "I think we're going to be together for the rest of our lives." I wasn't sure I heard him right so I asked him what he said, and he repeated it. I - oh so eloquently - said "Duh!" and then we talked about how we're going to be such awesome old people together, because we love cruises, crossword puzzles, and board games. Okay. I'm done - just had to share because I've been giddy all morning about that. I know it's not a proposal, but it makes me happy to hear him thinking in terms of "forever". ------AW complete-----------
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Awww :) That's so sweet! It's so touching when it's completely out of the blue!
  • I am dog/house sitting all weekend, and I'm pretty excited about it. I can't wait to lounge around all weekend, and get lots of puppy kisses.

I also need ... and I mean NEED ... to go see Nemo in 3D. I might actually go alone. That's how badly I need to go.

*******************************************************************************************

• Oh that is so sweet!!! Your BF gets an A. He's a keeper :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards