Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

for those taking biotin..

How many mcg did you/are you taking daily? Even at the store there were different kinds with different doses and how many to take everyday....Just curious. TIA

Re: for those taking biotin..

• Options

I haven't taken it but I have friends who did and they said it was a waste of money. I am currently taking Be-Beautiful from GNC and I have taken it for about 30 days (comes in a 60 pill bottle) and my hair has grown tremendously. My nails too (which I kinda hate because my nails already grow super fast haha).

Sorry I'm not really any help.

• Options
    edited August 2010
    I take 2000 mcg daily and have done so for over a year. I haven't really noticed an improvement in my hair since my hair has always been pretty strong and healthy. however, my nails look so much better than they did before I started taking the biotin.

most people take anywhere from 1000-5000 mcg daily. I think 2000-3000 has been shown in studies to have the most benefit, but I couldn't tell you that 100% for a fact. just an fyi, it's a water-soluble vitamin, so any that your body doesn't use, you just pee out.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    thanks, pooh!
  • Options
    I take 5000MCG daily and have seen the same results as Pooh. I also always had pretty healthy hair but my nails! Oh, my nails! They used to break all the time and now I think I could carve wood with them.
  • Options
    I am sorry that I am no help to your question...but I just had to say that your shoes are AMAZING!  Truely amazing and I want them! LOL

All this talk about nails growing really makes me want to try this.  I hadn't even thought about a supplement for my hair of nails.  I really don't need my hair to grow, does it make it shiny too?
  • Options
    How early should one start taking biotin or Be-Beautiful?  My wedding is in Jan of next year. 
  • Options
    I am taking 2500 mgs. The bottle is labeled for hair, skin, and nails. There was another biotion bottle that was labeled to lose weight and raise metabolism but it was three or four times stronger. I asked the pharmacists if it was okay to take the stronger one if my goal was just to have healthier hair. He said he never recommends people take large amounts of vitamins. It was like 1000 percent above the daily amount, so he told me I should take the smaller amount.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards