• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Receiving Line??

Is anyone doing a receiving line after their ceremony? If so, who is standing in the line with you? I was thinking me, FI, my Mom and Dad, his Mom and Dad and our MOH and BM.
Alison and Tom 9~11~10
Anniversary

Re: Receiving Line??

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    I'm not doing one, and they're not usually done at Jewish weddings anyway.

BTW, arose, what is your real name?

ETA:  FH and I will be doing table visits.
  • No, we're doing table visits instead.  If I were to do one, it would just be family, not WP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are doing tabel visits but if we were doing a line it would just be Me, FI, both sets of parents.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • We're just doing family (me, J, my parents & FIL's).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Unless your MOH and you BM are sister/brother of you or FI.
  • We're doing a receiving line, but I think it's just going to be me & FI - I don't want his mom making snarky remarks about how she doesn't know people.  Our parents can stand off to the side & greet whoever they choose.  Same with BP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Just table visits.

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
  • table visits for us, but i saw a cool thing at the last wedding we went to:

the officiant asked everyone to stay seated after the ceremony until the bride and groom dismissed you.  then the bride and groom walked from the front of the aisle to the back and was able to go from row to row and hug people.  it was really nice.  if our wedding was not so large, we would be doing that.
  • Jody - My name is Alison.

Laura - yes our MOH and BM are our sister and brother. Maybe I will suggest just us and the parents. We have 200 guests and I really don't want to feel forced to go say hello to every single person at the reception.

Also, there are people that are coming to the church and not the reception so I want to make sure I thank them for coming to the ceremony.
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • Ok Alison, I think you could include your MOH and BM if you wanted to, but I would probably leave them out, or ask them if they would like to do it.  It wouldn't be weird having them there, but they would probably be less enthusiastic about shaking all of those hands!
  • In Response to Re: Receiving Line??:
    [QUOTE]table visits for us, but i saw a cool thing at the last wedding we went to: the officiant asked everyone to stay seated after the ceremony until the bride and groom dismissed you.  then the bride and groom walked from the front of the aisle to the back and was able to go from row to row and hug people.  it was really nice.  if our wedding was not so large, we would be doing that.
    Posted by shauni27[/QUOTE]

Shauni - I LOVE this idea!  How large was the wedding you went to that did this? We're having around 85 people, and I'd really like to do this, but think we our guest list might be a bit on the large side for this.
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No receiving line here, everyone just wants to get on to the booze. :-P
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Receiving Line?? : Shauni - I LOVE this idea!  How large was the wedding you went to that did this? We're having around 85 people, and I'd really like to do this, but think we our guest list might be a bit on the large side for this.
    Posted by Cleo7[/QUOTE]

they had about 112 people.  and we were in the back--very last row to go.  we probably only waited 10 minutes.  it was really nice. 
  • After wedding we are releasing row by row.  Then we will be at reception15-20 min early to have FI and I there to greet people
    image wedding countdown
  • Table visits.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • we're doing doing a receiving line and we're not going to each table either. We are going to try to talk to as many people as we can during the cocktail hour and that's it. I don't want to go around table to table because it'll take too long and there are a lot of people that I don't even know or will even know how to speak to them since my Vietnamese isn't that that good.
  • we're doing table visits since we're only having 65 guests.
    i did consider for a while doing a receiving line immediatly after the ceremony and was only going to have FI, me, my mom, and FIs dad
    image Anniversary
  • Table visits for us, our chapel has a strict timeline and I want some pictures in it after the ceremony.  Ceremony at 2:30, we need to be out of the chapel by 4:00
    Photobucket
  • we're not doing one. We'll talk to as many people as we can.
  • We're doing just me and FI.  We don't want to have to do table visits.  We also only have 60 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]table visits for us, but i saw a cool thing at the last wedding we went to: the officiant asked everyone to stay seated after the ceremony until the bride and groom dismissed you.  then the bride and groom walked from the front of the aisle to the back and was able to go from row to row and hug people.  it was really nice.  if our wedding was not so large, we would be doing that.
    Posted by shauni27[/QUOTE]

We're doing this, and we have 270 people attending! I still think it will be faster than a receiving line where people get backed up talking to parents, us, etc. And this way, I won't feel like I have so many people to get around to at the reception!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :) image
  • Receiving line at the Ceremony site FI and I and parents, although his parents are socially akward and don't know anyone in my family or friends so hopefully people will skip over them to keep it moving.  We are also doing table visits.  We have a really small wedding only about 80 guests.  I just want to make sure we see everyone and I know at table visits you can get caught up with one over the other, plus I want to eat my dinner so at least if we say hi before we have a chance to eat.  My photog was kinda upset with the receiving line, I think it's just because we want to have outdoor pics before we lose the light.  Meh it's my day right this is what I want.

• We are doing table visits but I think if we did a receiving line it would be just FI and I. I would let the parents go around the room or greet whomever they wanted, mainly because FI's family speaks another language.
  • We are doing a receiving line with us, the wedding party and our parents. There are some people who will be at the ceremony that can't make it to the reception and I want to give them a hug and talk to them.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt152345.aspx[/img][/url]
  • We are doing a receiving line that is just FI and myself. Since we still have to do pictures before we can head to the reception. I wanted to make sure to at least see everyone at least once and we will try to talk to as many as we can during the reception.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards