Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Out of Town Bags

So I am starting to think about these and besides a nice note I write and some snacks what should I put in them? I was thinking some philadelphia/Montgomery country things to do/touristy items but where do I get them? Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 139 Invited so far!
image 79 Are ready to party!
image 60 Will be missing out!

Re: Out of Town Bags

• WLevine75WLevine75 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    some hotels have that information in the lobby. I would also put some philadelphia snacks in the bag.  Tastykakes some pretzels maybe bottled water. Just something for them to munch on late at night.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

^ this.  If you belong to Sams Club, Costco, or BJs, I would go there.  We didn't do OOT bags, but my favorite OOT bags have crackers, pretzels, something to munch on.

It might be tough to do brochures for different events, but you could create your own places to go in the area (museums, attrations, etc) on a pieces of cardstock that's been cut in half length-wise, and include the website and phone number of each place.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I did Hershey kisses, Herr's pretzels, Tastykakes, water, granola bars, a list of a few area attractions, directions to the wedding, and magnets related to Philly.  My mom took care of buying the stuff, but I think she got most of the food at the supermarket.  BJs/Cosco/Sam's Club is also a good idea.
  • jpwelshjpwelsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Purchase snacks, water, etc. and repackage it yourself.  You can print labels out on a laser printer that have your name and wedding date and adhere to water bottles.

Repackage candy, cookies and other special treats in clear bags and close with a special sticker.  Repackaging will make the treats llook tailored to your wedding, and will save you money as well.  Just purchase the giant boxes of pretzels, animal crackers, peanuts, etc. and individually assort them.  I really like the idea of combining the bride and groom's favorite salty and sweet snacks into individual bags, if the treats work well together.

The bags can be found super cheap:  http://www.papermart.com/templates/75-0-30.htm

Tylenol/Advil packets are a nice touch.  I also love doing a "Taste of Philadelphia" and including an individually wrapped soft prezel (throw in a few mustard packets) and tasycakes.. and definitely include a thank-you note.

Now, where to put everything?  Stick to your theme.  Gift bags are adorable and cheaper than baskets.  You can find a great variety, here:  http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/Luxe-Chartreuse-Dots-Gift-Bag/3650_042/466002.html.

Check out www.uwishuknew.com for information on things going on in the Philadelphia area the weekend of your wedding.  

Hope this helps!

- The Event Nanny

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards