Rhode Island

Dress steamer in Newport?

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a dress steamer in Newport.  We are flying up and I'm sure my dress will need to be steamed.  Looking for someone who can turn it around same day or next day.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!!!

Re: Dress steamer in Newport?

• edited December 2011
    I used a woman who actually came to our hotel and steamed/pressed everyone's clothing since my family was all traveling and my dress was shipped to me from Kleinfelds in NYC.  She came to Belle Mer and steamed my dress in the bridal suite.  My husband was really concerned about being able to tie his bowtie, and she did that too!!

She also took care of getting me dressed.  I had a corset backed dress and didn't want my mom to have to worry about helping with this when she was already in hair/makeup/etc.  She put on my veil and took it off after pictures and she bustled my dress before the reception.  I honestly don't know how we would have done all of this without her - or at least without any stress! It was seriously some of the best $250 I spent for our wedding.

Let me know if you are interested in her info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards