Nevada-Las Vegas

Free wedding band review

After reading about it on other boards (and our original bands being stolen) we figured we would give it a try.  We ordered FIs wedding band from the JVL Jewelry promotion for free wedding bands with coupon code.  Basically you pay $25 shipping for tungsten his or hers wedding bands.  
It arrived today and he LOVES it.  It feels heavy and looks high quality.
Thought I would share since I know a lot of us are on a budget.  Coupon Code is BRIDES www.jvljewelry.com.  We ordered the enchantment band.

Re: Free wedding band review

• edited December 2011
    We ordered FI's from there as well. It arrived with a scratch on it. We might just order another one instead going through the hassle of trying to exchange it.
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really?  Lame.  I hope its not too much of a hassle for you.  
  • edited December 2011
    If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can probably find most tungsten rings on Amazon for even less and no shipping fees.  For example, I have a tungsten wedding band with a carbon fiber insert around the middle; I lost my ring recently and found the same one on Amazon for $20, no shipping.  My wife paid $100+ for it at the original place and the mall stores want $350 for it; ridiculous.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-band-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e4af4036-284c-4558-9a8d-6d13facdb4d7Post:14381809-7655-42b9-a93a-4765a3f6a767">Re: Free wedding band review</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can probably find most tungsten rings on Amazon for even less and no shipping fees.  For example, I have a tungsten wedding band with a carbon fiber insert around the middle; I lost my ring recently and found the same one on Amazon for $20, no shipping.  My wife paid $100+ for it at the original place and the mall stores want $350 for it; ridiculous.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to lose your wedding band already?
    Fuuck your feelings
  • edited December 2011
    We ordered fiancee's band from JVL.  She loves it, but we had the hardest time with sizing.  We had her fitted locally before ordering, but we still went through SIX rings (ordering two at a time and then exchanging both) before getting one that fit properly.  I hadn't heard of this in any other reviews, so I just wanted to give my $0.02. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-band-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e4af4036-284c-4558-9a8d-6d13facdb4d7Post:5c943e63-095d-4d17-92c1-efc34a1ae045">Re: Free wedding band review</a>:
    [QUOTE]We ordered fiancee's band from JVL.  She loves it, but we had the hardest time with sizing.  We had her fitted locally before ordering, but we still went through SIX rings (ordering two at a time and then exchanging both) before getting one that fit properly.  I hadn't heard of this in any other reviews, so I just wanted to give my $0.02. 
    Posted by bigbeautifulfemme[/QUOTE]
    Yikes sounds like a headache!  His was true to size .  Maybe the womens bands arent so true....or we got lucky =)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-band-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e4af4036-284c-4558-9a8d-6d13facdb4d7Post:a14035ad-3af4-48ba-b3fb-38757bf17e49">Re: Free wedding band review</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free wedding band review : How did you manage to lose your wedding band already?
    Posted by verucasaltytoo[/QUOTE]

I'm actually on my fourth LOL.  The first one ended up being a little too small, so my wife ordered a second one.  She was holding the second one for me one day when I wasn't wearing it and she lost it.  The third one I managed to lose at a night club two weeks ago (don't worry, her brother and some of our friends were with me).  So now I have the fourth; too bad we didn't find Amazon had it earlier, we'd have spent $80 total instead of $320.  She wants me to get a couple extras now lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-band-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e4af4036-284c-4558-9a8d-6d13facdb4d7Post:14381809-7655-42b9-a93a-4765a3f6a767">Re: Free wedding band review</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can probably find most tungsten rings on Amazon for even less and no shipping fees.  For example, I have a tungsten wedding band with a carbon fiber insert around the middle; I lost my ring recently and found the same one on Amazon for $20, no shipping.  My wife paid $100+ for it at the original place and the mall stores want $350 for it; ridiculous.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

I wish we had read this a few days ago - we JUST bought our bands at the mall the other day.. sad!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you return them? =(
  • edited December 2011
    I also ordered my FI's wedding band from JVL last week!  We haven't got it yet but I am excited now seeing these reviews are all soo good! We ordered enchantment too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards