Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gifts for a VERY spoiled 9 yr old flower girl and a 3 yr old ring bearer......

I have NO idea what to get them. I am on a super tight budget and our flower girl is beyond spoiled by her mom and dad. She was given a top of the line laptop for x-mas and many other things. What could I give her that she won't frown down on or break the bank for me? And what about my nephew who is the ring bearer? he's only 3 years old.

Any suggestions would be SUPER helpful. Thanks!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Gifts for a VERY spoiled 9 yr old flower girl and a 3 yr old ring bearer......

• Options
    Would the girl appreciate a girly computer game? They have a lot of cool stuff on Amazon that is not too expensive. I would buy the 3 year old something that I'd get him for Christmas or his birthday.
  • Options
    Good suggestion zippity. Thanks :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gifts-very-spoiled-9-yr-old-flower-girl-3-yr-old-ring-bearer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:93d27197-0312-45b6-bd53-3ffc5d4b04e2Post:8552859a-c5ce-41b6-b258-7ddf146fac74">Gifts for a VERY spoiled 9 yr old flower girl and a 3 yr old ring bearer......</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have NO idea what to get them. I am on a super tight budget and our flower girl is beyond spoiled by her mom and dad. She was given a top of the line laptop for x-mas and many other things. What could I give her that she won't frown down on or break the bank for me? And what about my nephew who is the ring bearer? he's only 3 years old. Any suggestions would be SUPER helpful. Thanks!
    Posted by NicoleCaley[/QUOTE]

Why would you indulge such a spoiled child?  Don't compete with her parents--they're the ones being ridiculous here!  You do not have to impress a 9 year old!

We got our FG and RB these adorable backpacks from Etsy: <a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerpathDesigns?section_id=6528039" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerpathDesigns?section_id=6528039</a> She got the princess one, he got the bugs one, and we're going to fill them with crayons, coloring books, and other small toys they can play with at the reception or RD if they get bored.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I seen this book at Barnes and Noble. Thought it would be a great gift. I recieved a book of fairytales when I was younger and I absolutely LOVED the book.

http://www.findgift.com/gift-ideas/pid-215660/
  • Options
    Just get her something that you can afford and think she might be interested in. If she's too much of a brat to appreciate it, then that's not your problem.
  • Options
    Don't fawn over them -- they're kids, you're the adult, and if they're already so far gone that they don't appreciate a gift, you can't fix that and you shouldn't be catering to it either.

Even spoiled kids are kids, and they like kid stuff. Get them something fun. Heck, at three, he's likely to enjoy playing with a box more than playing with what came in the box. ;)
  • Options
    I agree that you shouldn't indulge a spoiled child.  What little girl needs a top of the line laptop?  

I like the book idea, and maybe a savings bond.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    How about a ring bearer that will have just turned 2?  Him and his older brother (6) and sister (4) will be our ring bearers and flower girl.  I'm trying to find personalized ideas for each person in our party.  I've seen ideas of baseball bats engraved with his/her name, "Flower Girl" or "Ring Bearer," and then the date of our wedding.  Any other ideas like this?
  • Options

Brie2010 has the right idea.  Some small toys or coloring books will entertain them during the reception and then the backpack is something they can actually keep and use again.
    Children probably aren't going to appreciate engraved keepsakes, at least until they're older.  I would still throw in a few toys, even something from the dollar store, so they have something to enjoy right away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards