Illinois

Mariott Lincolnshire

Has anyone gotten married at this venue?  Pros/Cons?

Re: Mariott Lincolnshire

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Marriott for our June, 2011 wedding.  That was back in January, 2010.  The tents had already been booked for our date.  We thought that was what we wanted, but found them to look old, worn, definitely had a musty odor....not impressed.

We considered their ballrooms.  Some are undergoing renovations at the moment.  We realized that on any given night, there could be the potential for 5 or more weddings occurring simultaneously.  We did not want that type of atmosphere.

Finally, when we discussed prices with the manager....inclusives, add-on's.....we could see that we would clearly be well over $100 per plate......

We did not feel that, for the price, it was what we really wanted.  We are much happier with The Arboretum Club in Buffalo Grove.  If you are unfamiliar with it---I would encourage you to check it out.

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    PS---I notice you are new to the Knot------you may find that you get more/better responses posting on the Illinois-Chicago board versus the more general "Illinois" board------many brides/posters on the Chicago board are in the NW suburban area.

Good luck with your planning :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at the Marriott Lincolnshire and it was lovely. The staff was very friendly and the food and drinks were good. Because it was on a Sunday night, they were the only wedding there and they got to use a lot of different rooms for the different parts of the wedding. I would recommend it.
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    I also attended a winter wedding at this venue and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. The heated tent and the lights were terrific and really complimented the season. My only complaint was that the food was pretty mediocre. But the bride and groom ordered McDonalds for a late night snack, which was awesome. The rooms are nice too, and guests of all ages should be pretty comfortable. Overall it was a great experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards