Snarky Brides

Don't know quite what to do for him....

My DH is on the floor crying with his dog. It looks like tomorrow when the vet is open, we will have to go put her down. She cant even walk now. Sad Day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Don't know quite what to do for him....

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Oh, kd, that's so sad.  {{hugs}} to you, DH, and your puppy.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • TY Les, I feel like you really know.
  • i don't know that anything can be done for him.  Poor guy.  At least poor puppy won't be in pain anymore
  • I'm so sorry, KD. That really sucks.
  • I'm so sorry.  Lots of hugs your way.
  • That is so sad. Im really sorry.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • oh, KD. I'm so sorry.  Ditto Anna- at least you can take comfort in the fact that the pup will no longer be hurting.
  • Thanks ladies, she is such a sweet dog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-quite-him?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:61a4929e-8dbb-4b36-8dea-5d89d7596ec0Post:5b4b38a7-4700-4d97-b074-da09744f8330">Re: Don't know quite what to do for him....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry, KD. :(  Many T&P coming your way today. I think extra hugs for both of them are a must today.  Also, when I had to put my kitty down, I was a mess and a big brat to my family.  The best advice I can give you is to be understanding if he's a little snippy the next few days. :(
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Thanks Duds. I know I had to put my kitty down 2 years ago. I agree, I've been really letting him just be, KWIM?
  • oh kd. this made me tear up and think of my dog growing up that we just put down a few years ago. im so sorry. send me a fb message or email if you need to talk.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • :''(
     Is dobie baby in pain, listless? Is there anything you can possibly do just for today to help with the medical issues?
  • KD- my heart is breaking for you both...

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I'm so sorry to hear this.  It is definitely a very tough decision to make.  :(
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-quite-him?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:61a4929e-8dbb-4b36-8dea-5d89d7596ec0Post:a14154b7-5aa2-443e-bc82-f4c1c1860922">Re: Don't know quite what to do for him....</a>:
    [QUOTE]:''(  Is dobie baby in pain, listless? Is there anything you can possibly do just for today to help with the medical issues?
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Jas, she's on several pain meds right now. She's not even trying to get up anymore. We knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when.
  • I'm sorry  :(  If she can eat, go to the store and get her favorite snacks, or make a nice bowl of chicken and rice for her.  Get a brush and spend the day grooming her and loving her.

Encourage him to be at the vet when she's euthanized - its hard for the owner but the animals are much more comforted when they're there and there tends to be some closure that comes from being there as well.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh, KD, I'm so sorry. We had to put down H's dog not too long ago and it was awful. We were both crying for days. Just be there for each other, and enjoy the last little bit of time you have with your puppy. Sending lots of hugs.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-quite-him?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:61a4929e-8dbb-4b36-8dea-5d89d7596ec0Post:fe5dc1c3-784c-4ec0-828a-5f0c247ab55e">Re: Don't know quite what to do for him....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry  :(  If she can eat, go to the store and get her favorite snacks, or make a nice bowl of chicken and rice for her.  Get a brush and spend the day grooming her and loving her. Encourage him to be at the vet when she's euthanized - its hard for the owner but the animals are much more comforted when they're there and there tends to be some closure that comes from being there as well.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tide! Her favorite thing in the world is bread. I asked DH what he wanted for her from the store, so I'm getting more bread.

And he wouldn't think of being anywhere else but with her in the end. She's been a great dog. She deserves that.

How are those wonderful babies mom? And is Taryn coming up soon?
  • Oh KD :(
     This is so awful for both of you. Like Tide said, offer some yummy food, and maybe see if he needs a break later. He probably won't want to leave her side, but just the offer will let him know you care. 

I'm so, so sorry. I'll say a prayer to St. Francis for all of you.
  • So sorry to hear this. I agree, get her some yummy food if she will eat and go curl up on the floor with the two of them.
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh, KD. I'm so sorry. Give your H lots of hugs. Give your doggy lots of hugs. And I'll send you lots of my hugs. It's hard to let go of a dear friend, but I'm sure she had the best life possible with your H and you.
  • I'm sorry this is happening to you guys.  :(
  • I'm really sorry, KD. I don't know that you can do anything for him right now other than let him have his time with her and just be a shoulder to lean on for support. And I agree with Tide, give her a great meal with all her favorite foods.

Lots of hugs for you, KD.
  • Aww, this made me tear up. I'm so sorry. I definitely agree with spoiling her with food a bit. You can also try massaging her body. Our older dog loved that when she was at the end stages.
  • Oh KD I'm so very sorry =( Having done this less then a year ago my heart breaks for you, your H and your puppy.  Hugs to all.

The only thing that often made me fell better was uttering that Nature's a bitch and never fair.  Our last day with Kaylee we spent with her favorite blanket and sounds playing on the sound machine.
  • I'm so sorry. We're almost at that point with our cat, so I really, really feel for you. Even if you're prepared for it to happen, it's so hard.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • *hugs*  I'm sorry the day finally came KD :( You guys should be very proud knowing that you have done everything you could for her and giving her a fantastic life. She's going to a place where she'll be able to run and jump and play again and be free of pain. Making this choice is the most selfless thing you guys can do for her and one of the hardest. This is the right thing and you guys are very strong.

*more hugs*
  • Oh, KD< I'm so sorry.  There's nothing like losing a pet.  I say just snuggle her, spoil her and be close to her--that will make her feel loved and comfortable, which is all you can do now.  It's so hard to lose a pet--they really become part of the family.  Hugs to all of you.
  • Oh, KD I'm so sorry. It really sounds like you guys are doing everything just right, spending time with her and doing what you can to make sure she's comfortable. You all will be in my thoughts.
  • Bigs hugs to you.  Share them with H and your precious puppy.  Love to you all. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards