Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Jamaica all inclusive hotels

We are looking at going to Jamaica for our honeymoon. Looking for good deals at a nice all inclusive hotel. Any suggestions? Looking at $1,300 - $1,400 each.

Re: Jamaica all inclusive hotels

• Options
    Were going to Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios. It was a really good deal. Is your budget including airfare?
  • Options
     yes, it's including airfare.
    Do you mind me asking how much you spent for Couples?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_jamaica-all-inclusive-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:59e55dec-5418-43ce-a6b5-693905bdc274Post:357faf16-4eb2-4538-a714-b625047e9bf4">Re: Jamaica all inclusive hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Were going to Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios. It was a really good deal. Is your budget including airfare?
    Posted by mikkiwin8[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    IN MY POST EARLIER I BELEIVE SHE SAID IT WAS 4000 FOR 8 NIGHT INCLUDING AIRFAIR...WITH MY TRIP ONLY BEING 4 NIGHTS IM DYING TO SEE HOW MUCH ITS GOING TO BE....HAHA
  • Options
    Yup, with airfare and travel insurance it came to 4,000 for 8 nights. Some of the rooms were cheaper too. I did a lot of research beforehand and this was by far the best deal. Itbdepends when youre wanting to go too. It includes transportation from airport, since ours is in Ocho Rios it includes Dunns River Falls, I know a couple of the locations include a sunset cruise, includes glass bottom boat tour, snorkeling, watersports, etc. it includes a lot more than most of the AI resorts I looked at. They have a message board where returning guests post pics, answer questions, so on. It's really helpful when deciding which type of room to go with,
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We just booked our 1st anniversary trip to Montego Bay in August and it was $3300 total (for both of us) for flight, transportation to our hotel from the airport and AI hotel. We were set on going to Negril, but couldn't find a resort that was "nice" enough for us. On top of that, the hotels in Negril are much more run down for MORE money. We have heard that Negril gives you the true "Jamaica experience" but we weren't willing to spend that much money for a hotel that wasn't quite up to our standards. We have heard that Montego Bay is more of a big city feel vs. an authentic experience, but that wasn't a huge deal for us. We are staying at Secrets Wild Orchid which looks amazing and has wonderful reviews.
  • Options
    We've stayed at Sandals Whitehouse and Sandals Grande Riviera and were really happy with both.  Whitehouse is in the middle of no where with no other resorts around- very romantic and secluded.  But it definitely is not the resort to stay at if you are looking to venture outside of the resort. (We went after we got engaged, so we were looking for something really romantic.)  Grande Riviera is HUGE and has multiple different beach and pool areas so there are all kinds of vibes.  (We went there to celebrate my hubby's 30th birthday so we were looking for something romantic and opportunities for activities.)
    (We've always worked with a travel agent because she has been really great at helping us pick a resort that is geared to what we are looking for.  If you are interested in her info, shoot me a PM.  We've really enjoyed working with her.)
    IWe've spent inline with your budget and have been really happy with where we have stayed in Jamaica.  Hope you find a great spot! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Couples is great.  We went to CTI (Couples Tower Isle) this past March for 10 days.  We paid $3,200 for the rooms and maybe another $600 for airfare (we booked separately and wanted to fly with JetBlue).  So around $3,800 all together ($1,900 pp) for 10 days.  I thought it was a great price!  The food was amazing and service was really great.  It was nice that it included excursions as well: Dunn's River Falls, Glass Bottom Boat Tour; Catamaran Cruise, and greens fees and transport to a really great golf course. We liked it so much that we're going back again next year (although for the 10 days again in March, it is costing more this time).  They do have great sales though, if you can go during the cheaper times.
  • Options
    Iberostar Grand Rose Hall is amazing
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Jewel Runaway Bay Resort- I LOVED it there when it was Beaches instead of Jewel, great swim up bar, water activites, etc all included- and a habachi restaurant.  There's a Groupon out for it right now for 4 nights for two people all-inclusive for $649 through October 31, and you can combine two groupons for a total of 8 nights.  This actually sounds perfect for you since your wedding is early Oct- then you just need airfare.

I saw this and really wanted to do it, but wedding isn't until next summer ;-)

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-jewel-runaway-bay-resort-all-inclusive-1?c=all&p=3
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am going to jamaica royal carribean sandals basically to chose we took the book of all the sandals places and went with the amentities they all offered. royal carribean fit wat we wanted best plus its part of stay at one play at 3 so we can take day trips to the other resorts for golf or resturants (not that we play golf) we haven not chose the airfare but its about 600 for both i hear and they are giving us a 355 air fare credit. we are staying for 6 nights at 3066 so total will be 3400 at the most im assuming unless air fare is more expensive. its a lot of money but its our first vacation together so we wanted to do it big. plus we are having a jack and jill to help pay for it.
  • Options
    We stayed at Couple Tower Isle 3 years ago.  It included some awesome excursions: Dunns River, horseback riding, sunset catamaran, and a few others.  They had a flag system so that while you were on the beach, if you wanted a drink, you put your flag up, and someone came to take your drink order.  Also, you can sunbathe au natural if you shuttle out to the little island (part of the resort).  Two downfalls to this resort during our stay were that the food wasn't as good as Sandals and the resort was way under capacity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards