Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Still cannot choose a song PLEASE HELP

I have not been able to find a song for my bridemaids or myself to walk down the aisle too. I definitely don't want to do the traditional wedding march or anything close to that. My fiance and I don't really have any songs that have a lot of meaning to us (is that weird?). Please please please help!!!!!!!!

Re: Still cannot choose a song PLEASE HELP

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The backup song I picked for my wedding, incase something happens to my best friend (a violinist), is the March from Camille Saint Saen's First Symphony.  It is light and grand at the same time.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    There is a version of Can't Help Falling in Love by Michael Buble that has the cannon in the background. Check it out! I will probably be having a pianist play the cannon and the violinist play the other part. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    410image Invited
    253image Accepted
    130image Declined
    48image Waiting

http://frommillertocarlson.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We had a traditional Catholic wedding, but here is what we used:

Mother's entrance: Flower Duet from Lakme
    Attendant's entrance: Rondeau by Mouret
    Bridal processional: Canon in D by Pachelbel
                                     Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by Bach
    Recessional: Allegro Maestoso by Handel

Did your ceremony musician give you any ideas? If you aren't familiar with some of the above, just google them and see if you like them. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using the theme song to Forrest Gump by Alan Silvestri. It's really beautiful and fits the mood.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros...such a beautiful song! It's in Icelandic, which doesn't bother me, but they do have an instrumental version. The song is about hope and friendship. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I've said it once and I'll say it again...
    "Sea Breeze" by Ryan Huston! lol

I actually really like the "Heaven (Candlelight Remix)" by DJ Sammy for something slow.
    My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011

MISSYSUE: totally love your songs as I am having a catholic ceremony in Dec. and picked like 90% of what you just wrote! LOL.

Anyways, the Storybook Love song from Princess Bride is super romantic.

Also, there is this song I want to use for my BM entrance. In our little catholic music book it's called When Love is Found, but I know it's called "the water is wide" or Waly Waly...for us, we are using an instrumental version, but I know Charlotte Church sings a very beautiful version of it too....check out YouTube or Google it.

My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mkbowdermkbowder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out songs by Lifehouse... See if any of them feel right.
  • edited December 2011
    We're rockin' to some Disney tunes...no lie!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards