May 2013 Weddings

Mini FI vent (long)

so we were chatting last night about all the recent changes and he starting going on about how weddings should not have to be this complicated and he feels like the entire planning process has been about changes and that this is not "normal".

I told him that the only time a wedding has no changes or modifications is if there is literally no budget. Most of our changes have been because of guest count, budget, losing a job, etc. I even mentioned how most of the girls here have had to change plans a couple of times and he dared to say, "is you chatting on the forum causing these changes?"

I had to explain to him that you guys are incredibly supportive and usually just render opinions when I am torn between options. Its actually because of you all that there are not additional changes. He just doesn't get it.

I did also remind him that I used to be "in the business" and some of our changes were a result of me having to pull back because I was over-doing a lot of the details because that is what I used to do. And that I had to remind myself that this wedding was not going to get published somewhere.

Anyway, I'm just frustrated because I have worked so hard to try and keep things simple but elegant. Accomodating for a larger family (his) and now having too much stuff because they're backing out. Ugh...
May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mini FI vent (long)

• FI has said something similar along those lines before. What they fail to realize is that this board keeps us sane. We can talk to other brides going through the same thing at the same time.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI doesn't dare complain about anything wedding related after all the crap his family has put me through- there's a silver lining for ya lol!  What doesn't he want to change about the wedding?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_mini-fi-vent-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:ed68c2dc-a333-4486-bbcb-8f42b2d6eff9Post:82d7f39a-93cc-4320-a65d-e211beeb9635">Re: Mini FI vent (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has said something similar along those lines before. <strong>What they fail to realize is that this board keeps us sane. We can talk to other brides going through the same thing at the same time.
    </strong>Posted by FLGatorGal88[/QUOTE]

Totally Agree!!

FI thankfully has understood why everything is complicated and keeps changing, thankfully, however if he had understood right off the bat we probably would have had a destination, or atleast a smaller wedding :)

Sorry for all your troubles MamaBear. Your FI should be thankful you are so capable becuse theis could be total chaos for some other bride!
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_mini-fi-vent-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:ed68c2dc-a333-4486-bbcb-8f42b2d6eff9Post:0407974b-356d-4feb-8491-99e9e4e6ebf3">Re: Mini FI vent (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI doesn't dare complain about anything wedding related after all the crap his family has put me through- there's a silver lining for ya lol!  What doesn't he want to change about the wedding?
    Posted by melb2013[/QUOTE]

Its not so much that he wants to change something. He just feels like we do not have anything finalized and that by now with all the time we've had planning (insert dramatic pause here) that everything should have been finalized by now.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I almost feel like I am the opposite. FI is way too calm for me about the whole thing. Like when I get stressed abut rose thing he always says we have time to figure it out, etc. He hasn't started thinking about GM gifts yet and I am starting to panic about invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How come you haven't joined our facebook group, mamabear?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards