Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Botanical Gardens - would you?

We are having our ceremony at the Botanical Gardens.  I am originally from another state so all my family and friends have never been to the city where I live now - Buffalo - and have never been to the Botanical Gardens here.  We have the ceremony space from 1-3 and anytime during that stretch the guests can show up early/late and tour the gardens for free.
I'm trying to figure out start/end times for everything and I'm wondering - in this circumstance, would you actually take advantage and walk around the gardens?  I mean, I'm wondering if it makes sense to allot time for this, or if people who are dressed up for a wedding and have been travelling the day before or even that day will really want to walk around?

Re: Botanical Gardens - would you?

• Botanical Gardens is my back up plan if i am unable to get everything in order for my first choice of getting married at a park.

• If the weather is nice and the paths aren't too tough to negotiate in nice shoes, then yes, I would take advantage of it.   Definitely let your guests know that the gardens are available for them to tour, and let them decide if they want to do it.

What time does your reception start?
    DSC_9275
  • Our Botanical Gardens is actually indoors, so weather is not a factor!

The reception cocktail hour and appetizers starts at 3, then we plan to arrive at 4... also, photographer said we should allot 2 hours for pics, so tat really would mean we would need to finish up by 2, 215ish..

• I would TOTALLY take advantage of the opportunity.  But I love botanical gardens.

Especially if you're having a break between the ceremony and reception for pictures, I'm sure your guests would appreciate having something to do in the downtime.
  • I would definitly tour the gardens, as long as the weather was good. I think it would be nice to stretch my legs and get some air. I think it would be pretty relaxing. I would let your guests know they have this option available to them if they choose to take advantage of it.
  • tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I doubt I would. I enjoy touring botanical gardens, but it's unlikely that I'd walk around dressed up. If you cocktail hour and reception are there too, I  might skip away for a few minutes just to walk around the immediate area, but I wouldn't come early or stay late to tour.

ETA: Didn't mean to sound negative about the site. I think that would be a beautiful place for a ceremony! And I would definitely enjoy the scenery during the wedding. But I don't think I'd go exploring further.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_botanical-gardens-would?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:4baf5d1d-a358-4623-84c9-4f110cacb9b6Post:2dfb0706-ebc3-4163-b1d1-65878337d36b">Re: Botanical Gardens - would you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If the weather is nice and the paths aren't too tough to negotiate in nice shoes, then yes, I would take advantage of it.  <strong> Definitely let your guests know that the gardens are available for them to tour, and let them decide if they want to do it.</strong> Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

agree, let them know it is available and they will decide if they want to
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Like PP said, let them know & let them decide. If there is dead time between the ceremony & reception when you are taking pictures, I'd definitely use that time to look around. BUT, chances are I wouldn't want to do it in heels. So, if I know in advance, I'd bring flats with me.
  • As ladies here said, let them know and let them decide.  However, I love botanical gardens and sure I'll take advantage to tour the garden.
  • I would love to explore a botanical garden, but I would definitely want to know about it beforehand just so I can plan on wearing flats or bringing an extra pair of shoes.  Nothing like walking around a garden in heels. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards