Iowa-Des Moines

Des Moines suit shops

Does anyone know of any store in the Des Moines area that having any really good deals on suits right now. We are wanting to buy suits for our wedding party instead of renting tuxes. We have already gone to the Backroom in Beaverdale area. I was not happy with their selection. I'm looking for very light grey suits. My fiance loves the Backroom place, but I told him we have to explore other places because they just didn't have what I wanted there. They did have a navy pinstripe suit that I considered, but I still would want him to wear a grey suit. Would that look weird to have groomsmen in navy and groom in light grey? I don't even know what shirts and ties they would wear with that since this store didn't even have a great selection of those. The guy who was helping us there stressed me out, he was all over the place! It was more stressful than finding my gown or bridesmaid dresses! We are 3 1/2 months away from the wedding and we need to get this done! I told my fiance we need to have suits ordered by the end of May. Does anyone know if Men's Wearhouse or Jos A Banks is running any good deals right now? What are the other suit places in town?
Thanks!

*I did look on Jos A Banks site and saw thru today they have a buy 1 get 2 free sale, so I'm curious what their sale will be starting tomorrow?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Des Moines suit shops

• sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My husband got his suit from Halberstadt's, in Jordan Creek Mall. We were happy with their selection, and the dudes working there were cool. I am pretty sure they're always running sales. I'm sure Men's Wearhouse has sales all the time, too. We went there originally but left right away when they said they didn't have any suits with non-pleated pants. We got his shirt and tie at Von Maur and

Navy and light gray would be totally fine. What color are your BM dresses? you could always do white/ivory shirts and then match the ties to the BM dresses.
  • We ended up going to Jos A Banks last night, the gal there was super helpful. She's extended the deal of Buy 1 get 2 free to the suits, shirts AND ties for us. So we are getting all the guys and our dads suits there - 9 in total and each suit will end up being about $110 and tie and shirt for $30 a piece - so about $180-190 when I figure in the altering fee for hemming the pants which she said was about $12.00. From what Eric said this was an awesome deal compared to all the tuxes he's had to rent over the years for various weddings and this way all the guys will be able to keep the suit, shirt and tie etc. and they can wear their own black shoes. We didn't even have to put any money down on it - she said she's honor the price and started a sheet and held the ties we liked that they had two of in stock already and they are going to order the rest in for us. They were great to work with! I'd reccomend them to anyone looking to buy suits instead of renting tuxes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah that's a great deal!! Going to have to take The Hubs there!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • FI just bought 2 suits from JC Pennys.  Depending on the size of your guys, they have some complete suits for $100.  The ones FI bought (he's a bit larger) were about $130.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We have everything all set now at Jos A Banks... they are still running that Buy 1 get 2 Free deal on suits. Mell did honor the same deal on the shirts and ties. We are getting 9 suits, shirts and ties for all around $1,500.00. Pretty sweet deal in my opinion! We picked out some awesome ties too, not the typical solid color ties either, I'm excited to get this all put together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cemetreesccemetreesc member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_des-moines-suit-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:a3a5db37-c102-4653-96af-00cfe1c266d3Post:7e7df930-0069-4a3f-ae78-821093c5eed5">Des Moines suit shops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know of any store in the Des Moines area that having any really good deals on suits right now. We are wanting to buy suits for our wedding party instead of renting tuxes. We have already gone to the Backroom in Beaverdale area. I was not happy with their selection. I'm looking for very light grey suits. My fiance loves the Backroom place, but I told him we have to explore other places because they just didn't have what I wanted there. They did have a navy pinstripe suit that I considered, but I still would want him to wear a grey suit. Would that look weird to have groomsmen in navy and groom in light grey? I don't even know what shirts and ties they would wear with that since this store didn't even have a great selection of those. The guy who was helping us there stressed me out, he was all over the place! It was more stressful than finding my gown or bridesmaid dresses! We are 3 1/2 months away from the wedding and we need to get this done! I told my fiance we need to have suits ordered by the end of May. Does anyone know if Men's Wearhouse or Jos A Banks is running any good deals right now? What are the other suit places in town? Thanks! *I did look on Jos A Banks site and saw thru today they have a buy 1 get 2 free sale, so I'm curious what their sale will be starting tomorrow?
    Posted by jodiemariecooksley[/QUOTE]

<div>i actually really like the suit selection at JC Penney. i know it sounds cheesy but they have a big selection, are decently priced, and have many that also have matching vests (what we were looking for that many places oddly do not have)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards