African American Weddings

So I told my mama...

and it went way better than I expected because my daddy wasn't home from work yet. She asked me how I was going to tell my father and I asked if she could do it because I knew he would be mad at me. She then said he would be mad at her too lol. But she agreed to tell him when he gets off work.

I feel so relieved y'all!! My mama was so excited she could barely think straight. I was shocked she took it so well honestly. I'll update y'all on how my daddy takes the news.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: So I told my mama...

• edited December 2011
    See, I knew it! That's great news. It will all work out just fine and it's just more joy to go around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome news! You are going to be fine...mama is on your side so she will keep Daddy in check. He may surprise you too and if he doesn't, time will be all y'all need to get everyone on one page. So glad the hardest part is over...you now have your mom as a support and you can breathe a little easier. Yay!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    i know this was heavy on your heart...good to hear.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww... I'm glad it went well... Did u tell her u wanted to move up your date too?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_told-mama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:dfeb043c-e720-4350-b4a4-52505a57185dPost:040cbce3-f833-4e76-9448-627b198f7f4b">Re: So I told my mama...</a>:
    [QUOTE]awww... I'm glad it went well... Did u tell her u wanted to move up your date too?
    Posted by TwinsRib[/QUOTE]

Yes, I told my mama we were moving the date first and she didn't believe me lol. Then she asked why and I told her she was going to be a grandmother. And she was like who lol. Then she was like what!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  • edited December 2011

I know you're happy this part is over for you!!! Your parents love you miss....and I knew you would be ok!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You know we always think the news of a NEW BABY out of "WEDLOCK" will be hard for our parents to handle. Especially the ones who are really religious. I think especially moms hear a GRANDBABY and be SOOOO HAPPPY. Now if you was 16 and Pregnant it would/should be a different reaction.

I am so glad that she took the news so well!! YAY!!! Going to read about ur dads reaction now!!
  • edited December 2011
    yeah for mama! I am happy she took the news that way...
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great.  I'm glad your mom took it well, I know you must feel relieved!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing like a mama! They never cease to amaze us. So happy everything is working out for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Thats so great ! m really happy for you Laughing
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great news. I just finished posting on the original post and saw this later.Did you say it over the phone or face to face?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_told-mama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:dfeb043c-e720-4350-b4a4-52505a57185dPost:5d8b67e8-69e3-4b55-b06d-f61b721c0850">Re: So I told my mama...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great news. I just finished posting on the original post and saw this later.Did you say it over the phone or face to face?
    Posted by essian[/QUOTE]

It was over the phone because my parents live 3 hours away.
  • edited December 2011

Happy to hear mama took it so well....Congrats again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards