Wedding Reception Forum

i need help with branch centerpieces, please!

i am having a winter wedding, and i am going to use a branch centerpiece.  if you haven't seen these before, i will describe....   the centerpiece will be willow branches that have been sprayed silver or gold, or both, and they will be put into large cylinder vases with hanging votives and crystals, and with floral accents around the bottoms.  something like this picture:

does anyone know where i can find the hanging votives and crystals for an affordable price????
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: i need help with branch centerpieces, please!

• I found this site and have ordered from them before. I'm going to order the crystal curtains, because you get tons for less $$$$

www.shopwildthings.com

They also sell the branches & stuff, but I already have mine.

Hanging votives are harder to find inexpensively. If I use them, I'm making my own because we can't have too many real candles in our historic venue. I'm going to buy frosted votive holders with a lip on the top (sometimes called "flowerpot" style) and hang with ribbons or wire, and put LED votives inside. A while ago I found plastic containers almost the same size by googling, and they are a lighter weight than the glass, which I'm personally worried about.

Good luck.

• http://www.fss.com/index.php?ProductID=30000957

I am going to get mine from there, I want to do something similar, where did you get the branches at?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • save-on-crafts.com has EVERYTHING. Good prices, great quality. I ordered tons for my wedding.
  • alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Here is a picture of what I plan on doing and it seems similar to yours:

This actually is turning out to be a cheap centerpiece idea (per table that is). The vase will come from Dollar Tree $1, the branches are being dried in the garage from the backyard as I type: Free The white feather petal garland is made from fishing wire and a box of silk petals from Dollar Tree $2 I am purchasing the gem garland from (save-on-crafts.com) they have a listing for 30' of garland which will fit 6 trees $4 per tree. and then I will finish by filling vase with gems from dollar tree again $1

Grand total of appx. $8 per table plus a few votives that I bought in bulk from ebay. I love this idea and yours as well for Winter weddings, we are getting married 12/11/10. Good Luck! 
  • alyssa, i love you idea too!  it is very similar to mine.  i am also drying my own branches.  i got some great ideas for finding the crystals from everyone.  i def. need to check out the dollar tree!  lol   we  are also getting married 12/11/10!  =)  good luck to you as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you. I love this centerpiece because you can customize it to any theme. I also LOVE the dollartree. If you dont have one in your town they have stuff listed online and you can buy it over the phone in bulk. Might help if you are trying to do 15 tables like I am. I actually changed my order on save-on-crafts to not have the gem garland because Shopwildthings.com had wayyy better pricing. I still have a large order from s-o-c. because I am making my own bouquets, bouts, corsages and bm bouquets and they have great preserved roses and sola wood roses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards