Snarky Brides

Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh

Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:bf19ca27-3efd-4350-adc9-9d2ded3073e1">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if this would have been an issue/made the news if a man had heckled him and said "rape jokes aren't funny" and then Tosh had said the exact same thing to the dude about being gang banged that he said to that girl. Is the backlash over the rape joke in general or the fact that it was said to a woman? Thoughts?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I think some of it is definitely because it was a woman, or maybe more specifically because it was a man saying it to a woman?  Maybe people take it to be more threatening because it was that way.

If I guy would have said it, it probably would have turned into a prison rape joke.
    June 16, 2012
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh:[QUOTE]I am more humor elitist about tv comedy than I am about comedians. I weep for the America that prefers Whitney and Two and a half men over Community and parksrec. Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    I am totally elitist about my shows. Seriously, whothefuck watches modern family. I judge them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:344caccf-805e-4404-824c-4f9e6e7d2b97">Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh: He spoke at my college, not exactly a comedy show, but I heard he was an absolute diick to everyone. I don't care if you're crude, just don't be a total jackoff to everyone.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

For real.  He went out and partied with some of the college students after his "show" or whatever it was and he made a comment to some chick about how she wasn't hot enough to hang out with him and that he could hang out with or screw any girl he wanted.  Um.  Okay.

How about this.  So, Daniel Tosh can make rape jokes because he's a comedian and he gets a pass because people don't have to listen to it, they can get up and leave.

Let's say you're out with friends at a bar and some guy makes these same exact comments to one of your girlfriends.  What do you do?

My point is, if you'd speak up to some douchebag in a bar who's making the same exact remarks, why shouldn't you speak up to a comedian?  The crowd at Tosh's show was uncomfortable and the woman spoke up because she felt it was the right thing to do.
    panther
  • Lol nebb. I think we have the same taste in tv comedy for sure. It's funny because most people I know hate these popular shows and so I'm like who the hell is watching them then?
  • allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Rape jokes = never funny

Too bad, I liked Tosh. I used to work with a guy who Tosh did a Web  redemption skit on - very funny. The guy was a loser.
    http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2010/06/03/web-redemption-lightning-bolt-larper/
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hate the gross-factor stuff on Tosh. I love his interviews and most of his jokes, but the barfing and cyst-popping and whatnot, I can't watch that. He was hilarious live though, even with the rape joke.

I don't see the point in being TV show elitist either. If it makes someone laugh and they enjoy it, who cares? But I feel the same about anything like that. What kind of music you listen to, books you read, etc.

In other news, my tattoo is itching like a motherfuker and it's slowly driving me insane.
  • I don't think telling a rape joke during a stand up comedy gig where he is expected and paid to say some very racy jokes is at all the same as some random guy at a bar saying he hopes someone would get gang raped. At all.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:f6cc248e-e5cd-4269-ad84-81faccf317e2">Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : For real.  He went out and partied with some of the college students after his "show" or whatever it was and he made a comment to some chick about how she wasn't hot enough to hang out with him and that he could hang out with or screw any girl he wanted.  Um.  Okay. How about this.  So, Daniel Tosh can make rape jokes because he's a comedian and he gets a pass because people don't have to listen to it, they can get up and leave. Let's say you're out with friends at a bar and some guy makes these same exact comments to one of your girlfriends.  What do you do? <strong>My point is, if you'd speak up to some douchebag in a bar who's making the same exact remarks, why shouldn't you speak up to a comedian?</strong>  The crowd at Tosh's show was uncomfortable and the woman spoke up because she felt it was the right thing to do.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Because people (including you) are paying for those remarks. And again, just because 2 people were uncomfortable does not mean the crowd as a whole was. I'm not going to hate on the woman for doing what she felt was right I just think it was silly for her to be there in the first place. If you are offended by certain types of jokes to the point where you will say something to the comedian, stand-up comedy shows are not for you.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:f6dbb6dc-0bb2-433b-bdb3-9f977c46c67a">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think telling a rape joke during a stand up comedy gig where he is expected and paid to say some very racy jokes is at all the same as some random guy at a bar saying he hopes someone would get gang raped. At all.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

But my point is - why is it different depending on who says it?

How about if Tosh is out at a bar hanging out with friends and he says that to a woman, when he's not on stage, he's just in a regular social situation?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:289a745c-8aaf-49a2-904d-bbac3942ef73">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : But my point is - why is it different depending on who says it? How about if Tosh is out at a bar hanging out with friends and he says that to a woman, when he's not on stage, he's just in a regular social situation?

Jumping in late here, but yes there is a difference.  Daniel Tosh the performer =/= Daniel Tosh the person. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:289a745c-8aaf-49a2-904d-bbac3942ef73">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : But my point is - why is it different depending on who says it? How about if Tosh is out at a bar hanging out with friends and he says that to a woman, when he's not on stage, he's just in a regular social situation?

It's not who, it's the situation.

If he is at a bar and says that to a woman he absolutely should get his ass kicked and I'd imagine he would.
    June 16, 2012
  • I care about the tv thing because ratings are what make shows stay on the air and so crappy comedies like two and a half men go on for fucking ever and community has to struggle to get another season. Other than that I don't care if people like it. I just think it sucks that the ratings dictate that stuff when lower rated shows can get critical acclaim and a cult following but no one cares.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:ca554a05-2519-4938-abc6-b5c4c25a0ef5">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : Jumping in late here, but yes there is a difference.  Daniel Tosh the performer =/= Daniel Tosh the person. 
    Posted by andrea2473[/QUOTE]

So it's funny if he tells a woman it would be funny if she was gang raped when he's on stage, when people are paying for it, and it's not funny if he says it off stage.
    panther
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh:[QUOTE]I hate the grossfactor stuff on Tosh. I love his interviews and most of his jokes, but the barfing and cystpopping and whatnot, I can't watch that. He was hilarious live though, even with the rape joke. I don't see the point in being TV show elitist either. If it makes someone laugh and they enjoy it, who cares? But I feel the same about anything like that. What kind of music you listen to, books you read, etc. In other news, my tattoo is itching like a motherfuker and it's slowly driving me insane. Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Re: the elitism, why judge anything then? I judge what people read, listen to and watch because I can. And cause I have infinately better taste. People judge things, facts of life.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:0b982664-1a97-4ddd-b259-5d16b60d473a">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate the gross-factor stuff on Tosh. I love his interviews and most of his jokes, but the barfing and cyst-popping and whatnot, I can't watch that. He was hilarious live though, even with the rape joke. I don't see the point in being TV show elitist either. If it makes someone laugh and they enjoy it, who cares? But I feel the same about anything like that. What kind of music you listen to, books you read, etc. In other news, my tattoo is itching like a motherfuker and it's slowly driving me insane.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree with all this.</div><div>
    </div><div>Have you been slapping your foot to help?

</div>
  • And for the record, while he went a little too far, those types of jokes don't bother me.   It's comedy.  I've been offended by comedy before, but I just brush it off.   I think personalizing a rape joke to one person IS a bit much though.   But I'm in the camp that she should have understood what his schtick is about and probably shouldn't have spoken up.  Just leave.  Everyone else paid for their tickets and doesn't want to hear you get indignant about one off-color joke. 

And Tosh's stand-up is far superior to Tosh.0.   

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:f6cc248e-e5cd-4269-ad84-81faccf317e2">Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh :My point is, if you'd speak up to some douchebag in a bar who's making the same exact remarks, why shouldn't you speak up to a comedian?  The crowd at Tosh's show was uncomfortable and the woman spoke up because she felt it was the right thing to do.
    Because if you're going to pay to see Tosh, you probably know what kinds of jokes he tells. Therefore, if you're offended by it, don't buy a damn ticket and go to his show. But, it's another thing to be in public and have to hear it. If you're just in a bar and don't want to hear that, then yeah speak up.

I also like what Sesh said about feeling ashamed vs. laughing. I don't think Tosh would walk up to a woman who had been raped and go "omg i bet it was hilarious too." But everyone going on and on about how awful those kinds of jokes are seem to just being saying 'oh we shouldn't talk about this or joke about it. keep it quiet and hidden away.'

Oh yeah? Well fuckk that. The only way we're going to make people more knowledgable about rape and sexual abuse is by talking about it. When you try to not talk about it for fear of bad public image, you turn into Penn State (oh I went there).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:f6cc248e-e5cd-4269-ad84-81faccf317e2">Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : For real.  He went out and partied with some of the college students after his "show" or whatever it was and he made a comment to some chick about how she wasn't hot enough to hang out with him and that he could hang out with or screw any girl he wanted.  Um.  Okay. How about this.  So, Daniel Tosh can make rape jokes because he's a comedian and he gets a pass because people don't have to listen to it, they can get up and leave. Let's say you're out with friends at a bar and some guy makes these same exact comments to one of your girlfriends.  What do you do? My point is, if you'd speak up to some douchebag in a bar who's making the same exact remarks, why shouldn't you speak up to a comedian?  <strong>The crowd at Tosh's show was uncomfortable and the woman spoke up because she felt it was the right thing to do.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

No, they weren't.  SHE was uncomfortable.  Everyone else was laughing.  If she had of gotten up and left, it never would have escalated into the "woman getting raped on stage".  And seriously, WTF do you expect comedians to do when they get heckled? Apologize and promise never to go it again? 

This is what I'm talking about, people feeling the need to be Captain Save-a-Ho because, well, if I feel uncomfortable or don't find it funny, then everyone else MUST feel the same way and therefore, I will save the day by standing up and voicing my opinion!  Yay!

Uh, no. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T FIND IT FUNNY DOESN'T MEAN THAT EVERYONE ELSE DOESN'T AS WELL OR THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM IF THEY DO.  F*ck.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• andrea2473andrea2473 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:93935aa9-2fae-45ac-a350-e876cd32b658">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : So it's funny if he tells a woman it would be funny if she was gang raped when he's on stage, when people are paying for it, and it's not funny if he says it off stage.

My follow-up post admits that he did go a little too far with the joke, but yes I suppose.  If that's part of his persona that people are going to see and know what they are getting into.  If I'm at a bar and I overhear a rape joke and get offended and he says that to me, well then hell yes I'd be even more irritated.   Me= average female.   In real life, I'd probably just call the guy a douche and walk away. 
  • edited July 2012
    Lol calm down Nuggs.  I'm just asking questions :)

Here's another question - Mara's point that we need to talk about rape to help make people more aware and knowledgable.  I can get behind that.  But is making a joke and everyone laughing at it the right way to go about it?  My FB friend from yesterday doesn't think so, she thinks it downplays the seriousness of rape.  ETA - her comment about Penn state?  If we joked about child molestation and laughed at it, would it make people more aware?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:d0d9247a-8c2a-4bea-bddf-0c2eb984fcd9">Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh: Re: the elitism, why judge anything then? I judge what people read, listen to and watch because I can. And cause I have infinately better taste. People judge things, facts of life.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I mean more in the sense of judging the person's worth, not necessarily just not liking a show or book or whatever. I hear this a lot from H's friends, who think their opinions are the be all, end all of whatever is being discussed.

Like, thinking someone must not be sophisticated because they watch a show you (general) hate, or they must not be very smart because they read Twilight. Or on the flipside, claiming that people who only watch history or educational shows are snobby. That kind of holier-than-thou attitude says more about the person judging than the person being judged.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:f914d83b-5de1-4921-a03b-aedbd56a029b">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]And for the record, while he went a little too far, those types of jokes don't bother me.   It's comedy.  I've been offended by comedy before, but I just brush it off.   I think personalizing a rape joke to one person IS a bit much though.   But I'm in the camp that she should have understood what his schtick is about and probably shouldn't have spoken up.  Just leave.  <strong>Everyone else paid for their tickets and doesn't want to hear you get indignant about one off-color joke.</strong>  And Tosh's stand-up is far superior to Tosh.0.   
    Posted by andrea2473[/QUOTE]

Exactly. First of all, I think hecklers should get kicked out, but if they are not, they get what is coming to them. AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID, I think this particular joke was over the line, but it wouldn't have happened if she wouldn't have started it and interrupted him while he was doing his job.
  • The difference is that you paid to f*cking see it.  If I pay to go see someone say something offensive I'm not going to get my panties in a big ass twist because they get TOO offensive and feel the need to squawk about it and ruin the show for everyone else.  I'm going to get up and leave, and make a note not to see that comedian's show anymore.

At a bar, I am paying to have a beer and possibly talk sh*t about the other skanks there with my girlfriends, not have some random stranger make a rape joke at me.  Although if he did, and I found it funny, I'd probably laugh.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:425468bf-0b84-4eaa-a3ee-606ec134d863">Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : I mean more in the sense of judging the person's worth, not necessarily just not liking a show or book or whatever. I hear this a lot from H's friends, who think their opinions are the be all, end all of whatever is being discussed. Like, thinking someone must not be sophisticated because they watch a show you (general) hate, or they must not be very smart because they read Twilight. Or on the flipside, claiming that people who only watch history or educational shows are snobby. <strong>That kind of holier-than-thou attitude says more about the person judging than the person being judged.
    </strong>Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Amen, goddamnit.

• And another question, if I fully know that Tosh makes rape jokes, pay to go and see him make rape jokes, and then he points at me and says it would be awesome if I were raped right here and now, am I unreasonable for wanting my money back?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:b0d340ea-4d91-4b5b-b627-f2d50a84a0f7">Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh : No, they weren't.  SHE was uncomfortable.  Everyone else was laughing.  If she had of gotten up and left, it never would have escalated into the "woman getting raped on stage".  And seriously, WTF do you expect comedians to do when they get heckled? Apologize and promise never to go it again?  This is what I'm talking about, people feeling the need to be Captain Save-a-Ho because, well, if I feel uncomfortable or don't find it funny, then everyone else MUST feel the same way and therefore, I will save the day by standing up and voicing my opinion!  Yay! Uh, no. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T FIND IT FUNNY DOESN'T MEAN THAT EVERYONE ELSE DOESN'T AS WELL OR THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM IF THEY DO.  F*ck.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything Nugget is saying.  Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean someone else doesn't and it's your responsiblity to leave if you don't like it.  It is not your responsiblity to dictate to everyone else what they can and cannot enjoy.  I think the same principle can be applied if this were just a bunch a people at a bar and someone made the same joke.  A person would have every right to express that they don't find it funny and even leave if they don't like it.  But if everyone else is laughing, then you kind of get outvoted as to whether or not the jokes continue. 

However, if you are with a bunch of friends and someone made a joke about dead babies, rape, the holocaust, 9/11 or whatever and someone had some personal trauma about it and mentioned that the joke really upset them.  I think it that case, it's just a kind thing to do to apologize and move on.  I've made a your mom joke in front of someone who's mom had passed away and I have never felt like such a tool as I did in that moment. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:2e5392b4-3678-45bc-aa42-1fe221921a9e">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol calm down Nuggs.  I'm just asking questions :) Here's another question - Mara's point that we need to talk about rape to help make people more aware and knowledgable.  I can get behind that.  But is making a joke and everyone laughing at it the right way to go about it?  My FB friend from yesterday doesn't think so, she thinks it downplays the seriousness of rape.

I think rape (partially because of what DJ said about over-using the phrase) has unfortunately already been downplayed.   I'm not saying it makes it right, but it's one little comment in the grand scheme of things.  No need to target one person who is known for being shocking in his comedy act.  You whipped out dead three dead baby jokes and we still don't know exactly how to prevent SIDS.  I don't see the difference. 

And hey AATB, what's the difference between a pile of dead babies and a Cadillac?

I don't have a Cadillac in my garage. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:e988831c-5970-42df-b4e3-64dc90291d13">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]And another question, if I fully know that Tosh makes rape jokes, pay to go and see him make rape jokes, and then he points at me and says it would be awesome if I were raped right here and now, <strong>am I unreasonable for wanting my money back?</strong>
    Yes. This is like going to the theater to see <em>Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back</em> and then saying "I didn't know there was going to be swearing in this movie, I want my money back." Uh huh. Sure.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rape-jokes-and-daniel-tosh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b7a0d99-0d55-4fd3-9c00-77375e0b2459Post:e988831c-5970-42df-b4e3-64dc90291d13">Re: Rape jokes and Daniel Tosh</a>:
    [QUOTE]And another question, if I fully know that Tosh makes rape jokes, pay to go and see him make rape jokes, and then he points at me and says it would be awesome if I were raped right here and now, am I unreasonable for wanting my money back?

Unreasonable, no. Though I'm not sure if they'd give it to you.
    June 16, 2012
  • I dont mean to imply anything about someone's intelligence regarding tv shows. I just don't get why they like something but that's about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards