Pre-wedding Parties

Can they Co-Host it?

My MOH has never been in a wedding and of course wants help/guidance for planning, my one BM is great at it so they will team up but today at my FI's grandmothers 80th bithday his aunt and mom both asked about a bridal shower....it's still so far off but would it be OK to let MOH and FMIL co-host? I know it is not proper for MY mother to host and she is doing the rehearsal dinner...

But from FI's side there is probably about 6-8 people they would invite that I can think of (local) and my side/friends about 25...I know not all people will be available but my concern is I don't want TWO showers splitting them. I would rather my female relatives meet his and this will make mingling/talking at the wedding more fun.

so in a nut shell can those two co-host?
Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Can they Co-Host it?

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course, they can cohost it.  Anyone who offers can host a shower.  The only person not allowed to host it is the bride.

Also, in many circles, it is perfectly acceptable for a mother to host her daughter's bridal shower.
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to know! I do know some mothers who hosted in the past but not really our thing and apparently a big no no on the E board (Mother asking for gifts for her daughter) But was not sure where the FMIL stood on that. Thanks!
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mothers hosting/not hosting a shower is a social circle thing.

The girls on E (myself included) will say that you should follow what is done in your circle.  In mine, it's perfectly fine for a mother to host.  In others, it's definitely not okay.  Know your crowd.  That's actually good advice for just about everything :-)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_can-co-host?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:05a9580d-7a59-4d86-9f3f-c36fbf3213fbPost:120c4b77-c1dd-4bde-99d8-5e1d5ed89a6e">Re: Can they Co-Host it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mothers hosting/not hosting a shower is a social circle thing. The girls on E (myself included) will say that you should follow what is done in your circle.  In mine, it's perfectly fine for a mother to host.  In others, it's definitely not okay.  <strong>Know your crowd.  That's actually good advice for just about everything :-)
    </strong>Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say that this is great advise. 

My FMIL is hosting one of my showers because in my fiance's family circle it's normal for the Mother to host the shower.  For my shower on my side my aunts are hosting because that's whats normal on my side.  It's also normal in both circles to have two showers one for the Grooms family and one for the brides family.
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards