Nevada-Las Vegas

Tipping

I've reviewed the tipping guideline link, however I have some questions on tipping specific vendors. 

I heard that you normally don't tip vendors who owns their own business since they've already included in their fees. In this case it would be our videographer and photographer.  Did anyone else tip Pam at the Pallete?  Just curious what everyone did.
Vacation

Re: Tipping

• edited December 2011
    We tipped Pam because we felt she went above and beyond her duties.  She offered advice on things we weren't quite sure about (which turned out 100% right), she put some extras on my wife's bouquet that we didn't pay for, she was there five minutes before the hour range she gave us, she set everything up in the venue for us, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Ch2ndraCh2ndra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Vegasgroom - Did you tip Digs and your Photographer?
    Vacation
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We tipped our photographer, along with my H/MUA even though they own their own businesses.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_tipping-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:69435669-aade-41e2-a1d4-33d78854b15aPost:26daf236-9433-4abf-bddc-f7705d6f874e">Re: Tipping</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Vegasgroom - Did you tip Digs and your Photographer?
    Posted by Ch2ndra[/QUOTE]

I did send Mike L a tip in a thank you card afteward because I didn't have my wallet with me at the reception.  I didn't tip Digs because I kept them an extra hour so they got an extra $250 that way. :-)  Once we get the video if I'm super happy with it I'll probably send a tip to be given to the videographers in a thank you card; the trailer was awesome so I'll probably end up tipping if the video is as good as the trailer.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards