New Jersey
Options

I'm out of state and in desperate need of an affordable DJ? Recs please!

Hello,

I'm new to this board, but getting married on 9/18. I live out of state so I can't check out a lot of DJs first hand. My BMs have volunteered to help, but either way I don't really know where to start and time is quickly ticking away.

Do you have any reccomendations for excellent DJs who have a wide selection of music including lots of 80s and lots of jazz? I want someone who'll actually play the songs I want played, and get people dancing.

I have a pretty limited budget though, of about $2,000.

::sigh::

HELP! and THANKS!

Re: I'm out of state and in desperate need of an affordable DJ? Recs please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    check out Elite Entertainment in Eatontown.  I used them and was really happy with them.  They were affordable and they played everything we asked for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Frank Di Giovanni did a great job as our DJ and was affordable.  He'll be as low key or as involved as you want him to be and he can play any kind of music.

Ph:  201-599-2621

www.soundillusiondjs.com
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Golden Note Entertainment and are really excited about using them.  They have different priced DJs so you can definitely find one below your budget. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dash of class
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gemini DJs in Wayne, saw them at a friend's wedding and booked them for mine.  They're great to work with and very affordable.
  • Options
    FinkFink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elegant Ensembles,which came highly recommended by a friend and the hotel where I am getting married.  I am using them for my ceremony (2 live musicians), cocktail hour (DJ) and reception (DJ and MC) and the total cost is $2,300. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DJ Teddy Rauert...his website is djteddynyc....he should be within your price range and will have the music you are looking for.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used The Golden Note in Wayne. They were awesome!

http://www.goldennote.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Dash of Class- ask for VIto..!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVED my DJ and he is almost half your price. I never met him before booking him because I live out of state as well. He was recommended by my best friend's sister.  I was sooooo happy with him.  He really knows how to read the crowd and will listen to you if you have special requests, do not play, etc.

Bob Albrecht from Fantasy Entertainment www.fantasydjs.com
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto for Bob Albrecht. I took Chelsea's recommendation and booked him after speaking to him on the phone, and we opted for the simplest package (just him playing music, no assistant or props or anything) and we paid maybe $1K including a tip. We had several guests come up to us and say how great he was, and our photographer e-mailed me a few days after the wedding to ask for Bob's contact info so he could recommend him to another client. We were very pleased with Bob.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Elite Entertainment in Eatontown. I'm using them for my August wedding.  I'm paying $1450.  It's normally $1750 but got $300 of for booking within 6 mo.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Colorblind Productions, www.colorblindprd.com.  Office is 908-355-9411. 

The basic package is 5 hours, includes a DJ and Day-Of Coordinator...it's $1100. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds of Music is well within your budget.
    http://soundsofmusicnj.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Create Excitement based out of Wall Township.  Price was very fair.... I think we are paying $1450 for ceremony music and reception (it's been so long since we bookded).  Ben is very easy to work with and will cater to your needs, wants, and what you don't want.
    http://createexcitement.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 164 Invited so far! image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out image 101 Are MIA
  • Options
    mrs.ammamrs.amma member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    All Star Entertainment and ask for DJ John. He is probably the most charasmatic person I have ever met. Its a small company so his prices are great! $1295 for the reception. Another $100 if you want him for the ceremony as well. My FI has assisted him at a few weddings (he's a friend of ours) and was very impressed with his work. I also like him because he works from cds not a computer (no need to worry about crashes) and if there is a song you want that isnt on his list he will find it for you before the wedding. the website is www.allstarentertainmentnj.com/
    August 2010 August Siggy Challange!
    Favorite Pic with FI
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using sapphire entertainment out of parsippany.  My wedding isn't until the end of the month but I have been very happy with the service thus far. And they are below your budget of $2,000.
    http://www.sapphiresoundentertainment.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards