North Carolina

RENTAL COSTS! GRR!!

Hello Ladies!

I am so confused today and I was hoping that someone, anyone, can help me out. We are considering a venue here in Fayetteville that does not include in tables and chairs, but the room itself rents for much cheaper than other places. Our dilemma of course, is that we would have to rent the tables and chairs necessary for throwing a wedding reception. My question is this, would it be cheaper to just rent a place for the standard couple thousand that comes with table and chairs and linens and things, or get the bare room and maybe that will save us some money? i have called around to CE Party Rentals and Classic Party Rentals, but I haven't been able to get anyone on the phone. Has anyone had any expecience with either of these companies or know about their prices? If it is the same prices, we are thinking that maybe we should just pay the extra money and already have the tables and chairs. Please help! Foot in mouth

BTW: We will have about 225 guests at our wedding. Thanks! You ladies are the best!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RENTAL COSTS! GRR!!

• CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using CE/Classic in combination for our outdoor wedding in October and I totally relate- I thought "we're having our wedding on our friend's farm, yay saving $$ on venue rental!" Then I realized I have to basically create a venue in a field which is expensive. Oh well, at least I got to do whatever I wanted with the "space" which I think is definitely a benefit to doing your own rentals. :)

So, numbers- for our 75 person wedding we're paying $1500 for chairs, tables, all plates, forks, glasses and the like (this is higher than a sit-down or buffet would be because we're doing stations of heavy hors d'oeuvres, lots of little plates and little shot glasses and such.) Also we didn't get the plastic chairs (which go for about $1.95) we got the next-step-up wood chairs, which are $3.50 per chair.

This didn't include linens, which were another $500ish (we're trying to get that down, apparently my champagne-taste-brain picked the most expensive linen ever.)

Hope that gives you a better idea! And yes they are SO hard to talk to on your own- I contracted with Classic and CE through my caterer.
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I honestly can't help, but I don't remember welcoming you to the board, so I wanted to say welcome. :o)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_rental-costs-grr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:dc509c42-9acf-4f92-aa2e-3db167b43b0bPost:e7e4895f-d935-4cd6-9b81-8045daea043a">Re: RENTAL COSTS! GRR!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This didn't include linens, which were another $500ish (we're trying to get that down, apparently my champagne-taste-brain picked the most expensive linen ever.) Posted by CJ4578[/QUOTE]

C- Have you looked into buying the linens? Whenever I checked out rental places, it was much cheaper for me to buy. I bought plain white linens from efavormart for $9 each and I got overlays to dress them up, I want to say the overlays were $3 each.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, Holly I'm going to look into that. Thanks!

I picked this Spice Taffeta and Purple something and the lady was like, "oh this purple is very economical! The Spice Taffeta is expensive so we'll just use it on three cocktail tables."

The spice taffeta on three cocktail tables was EQUAL in price to what we were spending on all the other linens, which was a bit pricey to begin with! I am in the wrooong business...

-- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    My recommendation would be to just go to the rental companies, tell them your numbers & what you'll need, and get quotes. I rented all my tables & chairs, but I only had a 50 person wedding. I also had to rent the buffet tables, chaffing dishes, specialty linens for the buffet, trash cans, and bar tables - in total it cost me $412 with a 10% discount. I ended up buying my own linens for about $150 (but I got a little more than we needed).

Rentals can be pricey, but shop around & compare prices. And sometimes you'll have to make sacrifices on amount or quality. I had to use the folding plastic chairs because the wooden ones were $7 each! It happens - but no one remember what type of chair they are sitting on.

Don't freak out about it - just work out the numbers and figure out what works best for you. :)
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for all your help. We're thinking that maybe the best thing for us is to just pay the couple grand for a nice venue. I called around to some places, and it  came out cheaper to just do it that way instead of starting from scratch. thanks ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amber598Amber598 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are renting a tent, tables and chairs for our reception, but ended up buying all of our linens since my mom wants to keep them.  To buy or rent linens is the same price so thats why we just bought those off of http://www.linentablecloth.com.

Also keep in mind that rental places charge tax, delivery, and set up.  We are going with Grand Rental Station and they are only charging the standard sales tax, and an extra $80 for delivery to the reception and the tent setup is included.  My parents are going to set up all the tables and chairs to save money.  You are just going to have to do the math with the amount of tables and chairs you would have to rent, compared to another venue that includes that stuff.

We are having my reception in my parents backyard (which is free) so thats why we are able to afford the rental items.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards