Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

DiSalvo's Station

Hey girls! So FI and I are almost positive we're going to have our reception at DiSalvo's Station. Anyone have yours here or know someone that has? 

Pictures and reviews would be amazing!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DiSalvo's Station

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm - I had never heard of it but did a bit of googling and it looks very beautiful! I think it definitely has that vintage feel that you were going for! Nice choice!
  • edited December 2011

Cali-- don't have any help but that was where we would have had our reception had we picked the Basilica ( I mentioned before I graduated from SVC ). It's very beautiful! Good Pick!

• katie88fkatie88f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there, the only caution I have for you depends on the size of your wedding.  If you are having a small wedding this shouldnt be an issue, but the last wedding I was at was big and therefore you had to put people in different rooms and some even upstairs!  Which means you had to move and stand and crowd around the dance floor for the cake cutting and the toast and all those events.  Many people were upset by this, and sort of felt excluded.  I was sitting in a room to the side with a couple other tables, couldnt see the bride, cake, or even the dancefloor!  Very akward.  Also if your doing the buffet they do not do a good job of keeping it warm, so again if your having a big group this is an issue. 
    Other than that the place is beautiful and the food (what was warm) was good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!! 

@katie- I've heard this! How ridiculous is that seperate room idea. Awful haha I've actually cut down to 150 people and they will all fit in the main atrium area :) We're also doing a served dinner, I heard the same about the buffet as well! 

The only problem is linens. It's all white on white and I want ivory so I'll have to get chair covers AND linens. ugh. 
    The parents are coming up next weekend to check it out so we'll see what they think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there once and echo Katie's remarks about the guests feeling excluded. We could HEAR the toasts prior to dinner, but could only see them thru the slats that divide the rooms. We were seated at a table with lots of friends so it honestly felt like a night out. The food was pretty good, I don't remember it being bad which is a good thing!

All in all, i thought it was lovely, but do caution about the breakup of the layout.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I would NEVER break up my guests like that, no offense to those that did but I think that's crazy! 

I'm going to ask for an early tasting just to make sure the food is up to par before we put the deposit down, hopefully they agree! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely do a tasting first.  We were thinking of Disalvos as an option and went to their Sunday brunch to check it out and get a feel for it...food was so awful.  We were so disappointed :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards