Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Self-Esteem Boost, Anyone?

One of the girls on my club board posted this, and thought it was a nice change of pace :)  Don't worry about sounding big-headed.  No humility allowed this time .

My FI loves my:

A skill I'm often complimented on:

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean:

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is:

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars:

Re: Self-Esteem Boost, Anyone?

• bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI loves my: butt :)

A skill I'm often complimented on: my memory...I'm a sucker for remembering dates...birthdays, anniversarys...etc.

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: pasta salad, salsa, lasagna

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: I'm always one step ahead of my managers

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: this a tough one --- I'd say I would never change the fact that I love to sing.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI loves my: eyes (and boobs, of course.)

A skill I'm often complimented on: My ability to see through BS and figure out what's actually going on... and crafty things. :)

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: anything desert.  I've gotten to be pretty good at homemade stir fry mixtures too.

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: see above. I dont' really take any BS from people, but I am able to figure out what people are actually asking/needing, even if they don't know how to ask it.  We recently did the Strengths Quest and my top one was "Individualization". It all makes more sense now ;)

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: My stubbornness.
  • chou_chouchou_chou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll bite...... : )  and this is a nice thing to do on a Tuesday!

My DH loves my: laugh, told me I have a very different laugh when I find something really silly/funny than my ususal laugh.....thought that was really cute that he picked up on a difference I didn't even know I had    aww

A skill I'm often complimented on: my Martha Stewart-esque tendancies (crafting, decorating, cooking)

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: BBQ meatball -- we had BBQ meatballs at our reception too and apparently one of our groomsman said to another "these look good but I bet they won't even compare to Chou_Chou's"  thought that was very sweet

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: um, not really sure I do kick ass at my job (makes me sad to say I don't like what I do, but I don't) but I'm still employed so I must be doing well!  I guess I do just about everything someone asks me to do so that makes the bosses happy

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: my upbeat, optimistic spirit -- way more fun and pleasant than being the doom&gloom girl so I'll never change that!
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI loves my: Curves for sure! I will never be stick skinny and am totally happy with that.

A skill I'm often complimented on:my DIY projects :) but just from you ladies! No one else knows my crafty skills as I never knew I was crafty before starting all the DIY projects for the wedding.

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean:Dessert. I have a really bad sweet tooth too...too bad it is all getting cut out on Thursday eeek!

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: I am fast. I get my work done very quickly and I am super detail oriented.

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: My voice. I love singing and would never want to give that up.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI loves my: big round butt-- glad he appreciates that cuz it aint goin anywhere =)

A skill I'm often complimented on: my writing. I always wanted to be an author as a kid

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: spaghetti with sauce from scratch

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: i build a great rapport with the students

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: my childlike sillyness
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My FI loves my: Boobs! :) Also smile. And he loves my intelligence and desire to always learn more.

A skill I'm often complimented on: I'm the "fun" one to have around.

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: Caramel brownies are my specialty :)

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: I'm a great copy editor. I'm super anal and detailed with grammar and shtuff.

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: My bleeding heart and sensitivity. Although sometimes it makes me an emotional wreck, I find that I feel so passionately about things in life. I'd rather have painfully passionate feelings than just be ho-hum about things.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI loves my:cooking.  Especially panko chicken strips. 

A skill I'm often complimented on: my organziation abilities.  I'm seriously OCD about some things (for example, the clothes in my closet are organized by both tops and bottoms and each are color coded according to ROYGBIV).

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: Hamburger.  It starts with grinding my own meat mix of spare ribs and sirloin.  :)

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is:  I've been doing it for awhile.  We have a lot of turn-over, so it's nice not always being the new kid on the block.

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: toughy...I guess my nose.  I don't even particularly love it, but DH always compliments it and "boops" it regularly.  He also "merks" it, which is a version of  "got your nose" that he started playing with my niece and they brought me into it.
  • edited December 2011
    Great answers :)

Alright, girls. We need to have a potluck asap. Homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs and handground hamburgers? yum.
  • edited December 2011
    Fun!

My FI loves my:  Butt and my cooking!

A skill I'm often complimented on:  Writing

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean:   Salad, Mexican Lasagna, Spinach & Artichoke Dip

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is:   Because it's not very hard  ;)

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars:   My positive attitude  =)
  • edited December 2011
    My FI loves my:  boobs and long straight hair and the funny faces I make when I'm trying to look like I'm mad at him

A skill I'm often complimented on:  crafts, since I have a small business making jewelry/purses/mosaic and my chocolate work since it's really popular.  I also have a way of describing things very accurately but strangely.

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean:  most any dessert, but especially truffles and layer cakes.  My risotto and potato soup is also pretty damn good.

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is:  I've been here long enough and been exposed to more aspects of my job than anyone else, so I can literally replace anyone here at any minute.  Nobody else here can say that.

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars:  my bitchiness.  It makes me who I am. 
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI loves my:  everything!

A skill I'm often complimented on:  my voice, and the way I speak. I only spent $20K on a broadcasting degree, so I'm glad!

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean:  beeline out of the kitchen! the FI is definitely the cook in our household.

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is:  my voice and the way I speak

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars:  Mmm, my stubborn-ness. I like to call it sticking to my guns...
  • edited December 2011

My FI loves my: my butt, my passion about medicine and my intelligence, oh and my pop-culture obliviousness  (aka nerdiness, haha)

my "won't quit until the job is done and done well" attitude, also my insane organizational skills

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: chocolate covered strawberries with white chocolate designs on them

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: good with my patients, very knowledgeable  and willint to do whatever it takes to help my fellow docs

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars:my good work ethic and my positive attitude

---

I wish I could be around for a potluck, you guys are professional cooks!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    What an awesome idea!  I just had a long day, and this perked me right up!

My FI loves my
    : Personality.  I'm a friendly, happy girl.  :) 

My movie knowledge.  I was the film critic of my college newspaper, so I'm really good at figuring out "who that one guy was in that movie..."

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: Martini.  I'm not much of a cook, but I like playing hostess!

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: Being friendly and nice comes really easily to me, which helps since most of my job is dealing with people.

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: My loud voice.  It gets me in trouble fairly often, but its great when I do theater! Plus, you may not be able to see me in a crowded room, but you will probably be able to hear me...
  • edited December 2011
    My FI loves my: Curves/boobage, sensitive heart, affectionate tendencies, cooking

A skill I'm often complimented on: Sense of humor, green thumb

When I'm in the kitchen, I can make a mean: Guacamole, Danish butter cookies, Thanksgiving dinner, red pepper risotto

One of the reasons I kick ass at my job is: Um... I'm underachieving lately. Ask me again in two months. 

One thing I would never change about myself, even for a million dollars: I'm an adult with ADD and there are times when I struggle to make myself operate like "normal" people (see job line above) but I wouldn't give up the creative, unorthodox thinking aspect of my ADD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards