June 2013 Weddings

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday ladies!! 

We don't have any sort of conversation topic for Fridays, and I feel like talking about wedding stuff (and not putting together my presentations on the biochemical processes of addiction, bleck) so I decided to just start a Friday thread. Random wedding detail, go!

What's everyone doing for wedding bands? Have you gotten that far yet? What is your plan for your engagement ring during the ceremony?

This is one thing FI and I plan on spending a good chunk of change on. We have to be happy with them and wear them FOREVER, so we both want something we absolutely love. He's decided on a gold and meteorite inlay ring:

I'm getting a tension set ring, because I love them, they look so amazing. I'm also set on two tone, since my engagement ring is both white gold and yellow gold. I've finally settled on this one:

I really wanted the one with diamonds in the band as well, but the price was a bit too much.

My engagement ring a honker. It's big. When FI proposed my first words were "Seriously? That ring is huge" Really it's big because it's two rings; a white gold engagement ring with five stones and a yellow gold jacket soldered together. My engagement ring will be moved to my right hand for the ceremony. Then, sadly, it will stay there. There's no room on my little fingers for a second ring next to mine. I've tried on small and thin bands, but they look so awkward. So I'll rep a rock on each hand!

My antique, custom made family heirloom engagement ring!!

What are everyone elses plans for rings? Do you have pictures of them? Show em' off ladies!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Happy Friday!

• My ring came with it's wedding band, but we also bought 2 wedding bands for FI.  I got him a tungsten carbide one for nicer occasions and a titanium one he can wear to work (gets scratched and such but inexpensive).  The tungsten carbide one is quite heavy too (tungsten is a dense element), so not ideal for everyday wearing anyway.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I have a custom engagement ring, so I'm going to go back to the place where FI had it made to design one that fits with it.  I am thinking just a really super skinny (I have really short fingers and get annoyed with clunky jewellery) white gold band with pave diamonds.

FI picked out this tungsten band: http://www.jvljewelry.com/product-p/07231.htm and I love it :) 

For the ceremony, I plan to wear my engagement ring on my left hand when walking down the aisle and then just have FI slide the wedding band in front of it. 

Yay Friday!  I can't wait for today to be over.. it's been a rough week for me and I just want to curl up with FI and the puppies and our little rat and nap the evening away,
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just have to admit that when I read wedding bands I was confused as to why everyone was discussing their rings! I was totally thinking wedding band like band or DJ. It honestly didn't click until the third post down. WOW it really has been a long week!

Anyway - I have looked at wedding bands here and there but haven't really put much thought into what exactly I want and neither has FI so I don't have any input there.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I got our rings shortly after we got engaged. We went because the jeweler that he got my e-ring at was having their annual sale/trunk show. We figured we'd go check it out and ended up buying them since it's interest free layaway and we'd have so long to pay it off.

My ring is similar to this one white gold with round diamonds along 1/3 of the band, I don't think the diamonds are as big as they are in this picture though.

FI got a tungsten ring I believe and I can't find a picture of it.

Here's a picture of my e-ring because I like to show it off!

• My e- ring is custom made and vert antique looking. So I've been kind of looking because it's not going to be an easy fit. I was thinking something like this for my band.

This is my e-ring

These are what we are thinking for FI

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Bar my E-ring looks very similar to yours!

The traditional side of me wants FI and I to have matching rings! I do like diamonds though!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Kelly, I wanted matching rings at first too, but we weren't able to find anything we both agreed on. Mostly because I was so insistent on having a two toned ring and he didn't want one. We finally decided to both get what we wanted so we'd be happy. You both have to look at forever, might as well be something you both love!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kt, your bling is gorgeous!!

Cnf, I'm doing the same thing with my wedding band...my engagement ring was made to fit the center stone, and I didn't like the way the matching band looked at all. So I'm wearing my wedding band on my right hand. This is my engagement ring...the center stone is a pale pink gemstone, which I love!!

And then this is the wedding band I picked out (although this picture is terrible, so here's a link as well...http://jeffcooperdesigns.com/collections/laurel-collectionlaurel-collection/lisette
    )...

The band has tiny little leaves and then little diamonds to give it some bling. I had a hard time finding something I liked (I sounded like Goldilocks at the jeweler, everything was either too big or too small). The jeweler where we got my engagement ring from had a huge trunk show a couple of weeks ago, and the designers had a lot of their new stock with them, which is how I finally found one.

And then, my fiance's ring:

The designer who makes his ring offers engraving that can be done in your own handwriting, so I thought that was neat. After he picked it out, I went back a few days later and wrote out something to be engraved on the inside of the band.

A little part of me was bummed when we finally did pick out our bands, because it meant I didn't have a good reason to go jewelry shopping over and over again!!
  • My ring has a band that matches it perfectly, it doesnt come with it though so we will have to buy it seperately. My band is just a row of diamonds. We havent started looking for FI yet, he just wants something really plain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • EmilyB - you and I have similar E-Rings, only mine is a pale green, and the diamonds don't go all the way around the band.

My wedding band has already been bought, I actually got two for the price of one, so I'll have one on top, and one on bottom of my E-Ring.  They fit around my center stone and make it look like a pave ring, and I love it!

We haven't gotten FI's wedding band yet.  He wants something black and "not shiny".  Men.
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
  • We plan on going pretty soon to go look for our wedding bands.I want a thin band with small diamonds around it in white gold and FI wants something "plain" too. He works for GM so most likely it will be something that is going to hold up well or relatively inexpensive so if it needs to be replaced. But who knows once we go look in person, anything can change!

As for what I am going to do the day of the wedding, I will probably put my e-ring on my right hand for teh ceremony and before the reception put it back on my ring finger with my wedding band.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sfischer87sfischer87 member
    edited May 2012
    FI and I went wedding band shopping a few weeks ago.  He is VERY picky and really didn't see anything that he liked.  Mine is a simple band with round diamonds going across the front.  It matches my e-ring perfectly.  Here's a pic of my ring:

and a pic of the wedding band:

I plan on leaving my e-ring on my left hand and having him put the band in front of it.  I'll just switch them after the ceremony! :)
    June 2013~Venue
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • JennLaxJennLax member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_happy-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:2b5e927f-d534-4057-972c-384546cb10afPost:5670041f-fa63-4051-9a49-a426223375f0">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He wants something black and "not shiny".  Men.
    Posted by NikishaMcFall[/QUOTE]

Nikisha -- here's the least shiny black ring I've seen around:  <a href="http://www.jvljewelry.com/Articles.asp?ID=299" rel="nofollow">http://www.jvljewelry.com/Articles.asp?ID=299</a>

JVL frequently has sales where you can get the ring for free... just pay for S&H and engraving (if you want to engrave).

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jenn

That ring is fantastic!!  Thank you for sharing that with me, I showed it to FI and he exclaimed "exactly!"

Now free doesn't sound too bad ... :)
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
  • JennLaxJennLax member
    I'm glad he liked it!  FI has the same one, but the sides are black and the raised centre is grey.  It's heavy, but he likes the way it feels. 

Go on the budget forum and ask around for a code for JVL jewellers -- they seem to pop up about once a month :)  FI paid $25 for his!  That's the cost for S&H to Canada.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards