Michigan-Grand Rapids

Day of Hair and Makeup

Does anyone know of any reasonably price places, stylists, or make up artists close to downtown Grand Rapids that do good work and are reasonably priced?

Thanks,
Becky

Re: Day of Hair and Makeup

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For hair, I would recommend Ashley Serzynski - contact her at: ashjodancer @ hotmail.com

For makeup, I would recommend Lindsey Smith - http://www.lindseysmithmakeup.com/

Both do great work!  Hope that helps!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• mgottschalkmgottschalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Edge Salon in downtown has a great bridal package that includes hair, makeup, and a manicure.  It's really reasonably priced considering what you'll be getting.  I'm not doing the package, but I've been a client of one of their stylists for years and yes, she's doing my hair for my wedding.  

The website is www.edgesalongr.com
  • nikkilainnikkilain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ideal Image is downtown. They offer several things. Tanning, massage, nails, and hair. They put together packages made especially for you depending on what services you want and how much you want to spend. Their # is 616-988-5757
  • edited December 2011
    Mary Leslie- The Leslie Studio is an amazing makeup artist and very reasonably priced. She will travel on site as well
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_day-of-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:219814ce-b45e-4510-aeef-020415c86ad2Post:15929c09-ac23-4445-bb1d-6949733dc65b">Re: Day of Hair and Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mary Leslie- The Leslie Studio is an amazing makeup artist and very reasonably priced. She will travel on site as well
    Posted by kse822[/QUOTE]

I am using her, too! I just saw her this past Friday for my trial, and she is amazing. She does not just throw a bunch of makeup on you and make you look like a clown or a hooker. She asks you questions about your typical makeup use, what you use, the colors, how often you use it, etc., and then chooses what she's going to do based on that. I was very happy with my trial, and I'm sure my wedding day is going to be amazing!!!

She does travel, but I believe there's an extra fee of $50 or something for that service. We are having her come to our hotel after we return from our hair appointments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards