Wedding Woes

There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside

The alert let us know:

1.  A 3 week old baby was taken from the back seat of a car at a post office.

2.  A description of the baby.

3.  A description of the suspect and her car - down to what she was wearing.

The news has updated that the baby was found alive in a ditch 12 hours later.  And the 19 yo mother has been arrested for charges relating to what happened.

She said she went to the post office at 8am with BOTH of her daughters in the back seat, a 3 week old and an 11 month old.  She said when she got home, she realized the newborn was gone.  :/

They haven't released any more details, but OMG this makes me sick to my stomach.

Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside

• Lots of WTF indeed!  Is the baby okay?  I'm going to guess the description of the suspect was from post office video?  19 and 2 kids?  What could be so important at the post office?  Why steal a baby to dump it?

I'm a little impressed that she was out the door and someplace at 8 am with 2 kids though.

If they didn't take the car seat I could sorta see not knowing the baby wasn't inside. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_there-was-an-amber-alert-yesterday-lots-of-wtf-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0f25a0fe-1f61-4511-9bbc-a6b1f6169911Post:9887de1e-2ce0-4348-af8a-9739cd62f935">Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lots of WTF indeed!  Is the baby okay?  I'm going to guess the description of the suspect was from post office video?  19 and 2 kids?  What could be so important at the post office?  Why steal a baby to dump it? I'm a little impressed that she was out the door and someplace at 8 am with 2 kids though. If they didn't take the car seat I could sorta see not knowing the baby wasn't inside. 
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

The baby is ok.  They said she was taking nourishment at the scene before going to the hospital to be checked out.

It hasn't been announced from where the description came.  I'm assuming it was a piss poor attempt from the mother to look like she didn't dump her baby.  She was specific and vague at the same time - gold or tan buick or pontiac, brown hair, yellow sweatpants.

19 yo with two kids under 1!!!  And she left both of them in the car alone.  Whether or not she dumped the baby, you know she probably leaves them in the car regularly. "Just a real quick trip inside" and all that.
  • I'm a little impressed that she was out the door and someplace at 8 am with 2 kids though.

I'm quite literally LOLing over this comment, 6.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_there-was-an-amber-alert-yesterday-lots-of-wtf-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0f25a0fe-1f61-4511-9bbc-a6b1f6169911Post:d3cdf92b-b183-485e-a0b0-aa5e41b1d538">Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little impressed that she was out the door and someplace at 8 am with 2 kids though. I'm quite literally LOLing over this comment, 6.
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

This made me giggle too.
  • I should have specified with a 3 wk old.  Although, that's probably an easier age than 3 years.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_there-was-an-amber-alert-yesterday-lots-of-wtf-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0f25a0fe-1f61-4511-9bbc-a6b1f6169911Post:d3cdf92b-b183-485e-a0b0-aa5e41b1d538">Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little impressed that she was out the door and someplace at 8 am with 2 kids though. I'm quite literally LOLing over this comment, 6.
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

me too
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_there-was-an-amber-alert-yesterday-lots-of-wtf-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0f25a0fe-1f61-4511-9bbc-a6b1f6169911Post:5e191490-a1ca-4869-ba0a-a4f32d9ae84e">Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should have specified with a 3 wk old.  Although, that's probably an easier age than 3 years.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

Truth!
  • WTF to everyone involved in that story. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_there-was-an-amber-alert-yesterday-lots-of-wtf-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0f25a0fe-1f61-4511-9bbc-a6b1f6169911Post:9887de1e-2ce0-4348-af8a-9739cd62f935">Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lots of WTF indeed!  Is the baby okay?  I'm going to guess the description of the suspect was from post office video?  19 and 2 kids?  What could be so important at the post office?  Why steal a baby to dump it? I'm a little impressed that she was out the door and someplace at 8 am with 2 kids though. <strong>If they didn't take the car seat I could sorta see not knowing the baby wasn't inside. </strong>
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

<div>WHAT?! So if you took 6let and M2 to the post office, you would leave them in the car unattended? (cause that is the only reason that you wouldn't know that someone is missing)</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_there-was-an-amber-alert-yesterday-lots-of-wtf-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:0f25a0fe-1f61-4511-9bbc-a6b1f6169911Post:481a5c3b-c782-408d-b93e-280241521f41">Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside : WHAT?! So if you took 6let and M2 to the post office, you would leave them in the car unattended? (cause that is the only reason that you wouldn't know that someone is missing)
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

I do not leave me kids unattended.  I could see how you could look in the backseat and not be able to tell if a child was still in an infant seat and drive away. 

I repeat I do not leave my kids in the backseat.  Even at the itty bitty BFE gas station when I
    found out after pumping the credit card machine was broken I dragged my sleeping kids out out the car to go 20' to pay.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_there-was-an-amber-alert-yesterday-lots-of-wtf-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0f25a0fe-1f61-4511-9bbc-a6b1f6169911Post:49525c86-c986-48fa-a019-3ad3d972c7a8">Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: There was an Amber Alert yesterday <-- lots of WTF inside : I do not leave me kids unattended.  I could see how you could look in the backseat and not be able to tell if a child was still in an infant seat and drive away.  I repeat I do not leave my kids in the backseat.  Even at the itty bitty BFE gas station when I found out after pumping the credit card machine was broken I dragged my sleeping kids out out the car to go 20' to pay.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

<div>yeah. i assumed you didn't - but that's why i'm getting at. there would be no reason to look at the child seat and think they were there - you would know they were there if you took them in with you and put them back in the car. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards