Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Another plea for reception help!

Hi ladies... sorry for yet another one of these types of posts, i have been scouring other reception posts trying to get ideas, but i decided i needed to be a little more location specific.

I am in the dayton area, i will be getting married at my church in troy... and i just found out that there is no dancing allowed there, so that means now i have to find a reception site. geeze, i knew we were conservative baptists, but i didn't realize we were that bad! lol. not even special dances, like first dance, father/daughter, etc...

so now i am trying to find a rather big, probably around 250 people, reception hall that is less than a $1000 (anywhere even MUCH cheaper would of course be welcome...) that will allow outside catering. and is fairly close to where i am getting married.

Is this too much to ask? does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Another plea for reception help!

• Options
    dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in a wedding in Dayton soon and the reception is at Top of the Market in downtown Dayton. I'm not sure how much it is here, but I know that the venue holds up to 450 people, so it would definitely be big enough for you! Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks dori : ) i am going to look into it, and i also sort of found something out of the blue on my own, so hopefully i'll have this figured out soon... this was not something i was supposed to have to think about! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Arbor Hall is a good, cheaper place. My sister had her reception there.  It's close to Carrillon Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards