New York-Hudson Valley

Villa Borghese

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone ever had or been to a wedding at Villa Borghese in Wappingers Falls. I'm checking it out next Sunday but wanted to get some insite from everyone here.
Thanks!

Re: Villa Borghese

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yes, and honestly, I wasn't a fan. The cocktail hour was really nice, lots and lots of food, but dinner wasn't very good, the bar and bartender during the reception were awful, and for the life of me I can't figure out the champagne march.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    The wedding we went to there had the ceremony outside and it was nice.  The only issue was that they didn't have anything set up so we couldn't hear what was being said.  Not sure who's responsibility that is though.  I didn't like the cocktail hour but the dinner was quite good.  We got information from them when we were looking at venues and I really think it is all about your budget and how much you want to spend.  The cocktail hour food and dinner food change as your price changes. 

Kristin - I agree with you about the Champagne March.  Just a bit strange, in my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding there in May. I've been to a wedding and a bridal shower in the past and both times the food was good.  Everyone has been super helpful and most importantly they were within my budget. And pp is right- food options change as your price increases.  good luck.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_villa-borghese-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:01b8c05d-a73a-4ad8-ae27-2df533d289d1Post:28529b4f-8ea8-40e8-8405-62e9724116df">Re: Villa Borghese</a>:
    [QUOTE]The wedding we went to there had the ceremony outside and it was nice.  The only issue was that they didn't have anything set up so we couldn't hear what was being said.  Not sure who's responsibility that is though.  <strong>I didn't like the cocktail hour but the dinner was quite good.  </strong>We got information from them when we were looking at venues and I really think it is all about your budget and how much you want to spend.  The cocktail hour food and dinner food change as your price changes.  Kristin - I agree with you about the Champagne March.  Just a bit strange, in my opinion.
    Posted by d10965[/QUOTE]

That's funny that I had the opposite opinion. I guess it's hit or miss.

The wedding we attended there was also outside, and I don't think we could hear either. I also remember the shrubs lining the aisle being majorly in the way. Of course it was mid-August and the humidity was like 90% that day so maybe I was just cranky.
    imageimageimage
  • Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've been to events there. I was not overly impressed. The food was OK, the service was ok, but I got the feeling that I was in a wedding factory.
  • edited December 2011
    My parents just visited and loved it, and from the pics, I hated it. Do all venues really have their ceremony site right next to the parking lot? I'm not  a fan of walking across a parking lot to get down the aisle :\
    My parents are already sick of looking at places (and they've only visited 3!) and they want me to settle, but theres got to be a better option, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards