Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning?

13»

Re: Good morning?

• I don't know we are having our wedding at night, so by the time we leave the reception we may be too exhausted to do anything but crash on the floor of the living room.
  • Believe me, I didn't think I had "it" in me. I was so freaking tired. We were both pretty sober though so maybe that helped, haha.
  • Morning ladies. This is definitely not what I was expecting when I came to chat today. But what the hell. I specifically booked a nice hotel in Savannah (on our way to Orlando) with plans for a great night. Our reception will end around 5:30 or 6 so hopefully we won't get to the room too too late.
  • We didn't have any problems getting it on that night, and I was pretty drunk.  Matt was stone cold sober though.

Way TMI, but that was also the first night that I started to have breakthrough bleeding.  I really hope that the hotel staff didn't think that I was a virgin.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8befb288-c1b5-4b39-afdf-b28936e6390fPost:af396611-311b-421a-a557-1111e62b4d81">Re: Good morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since we are doing an afternoon reception, and want to do an after party after the reception (the reception ends at 6), FI has stated that there must be time between the reception and the after party for <strong>marital consummation</strong>.  It's hilarious the way a guy's mind works sometimes.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Haha that's too funny! My FI would probably agree with that. He's stated more than once we won't actually be waiting until we arrive to Savannah.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8befb288-c1b5-4b39-afdf-b28936e6390fPost:af396611-311b-421a-a557-1111e62b4d81">Re: Good morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since we are doing an afternoon reception, and want to do an after party after the reception (the reception ends at 6), FI has stated that there must be time between the reception and the after party for marital consummation.  It's hilarious the way a guy's mind works sometimes.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is pretty much what we did. My very drunk bridesmaid kept yelling and asking us if our marriage was consummated yet. That was annoying. 

</div>
  • This was at the bar, later when we met everyone out. So we weren't trying to get it on at the time.

And I might be a killjoy or something but I still don't think it's really funny. It was just so awkward. I'm pretty sure she was so drunk she has no idea she even said anything. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8befb288-c1b5-4b39-afdf-b28936e6390fPost:62db7897-48cf-4be7-801f-2e23d54d8207">Re: Good morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG that's an interesting conversation to come back to. We probably won't be sleeping much that night. We can sleep on the plane.<strong> Oh, and Special got to see FI's reaction the first time he heard about LDY's prediction for our attire on our wedding night. Priceless.</strong>
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>That man sure can blush.</div><div>
    </div><div>As I told Midge, I drank way too much. During the whole reception, someone always made sure I had a drink. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I had two bottles of wine on my own. H made a huge dent in a case of beer.</div>
  • Oh, and when we were leaving the reception, my uncle jokingly said, "Hey, where are you two running off to?" Apparently, I announced at the top of my lungs, "We're going to go bang!"

Do not follow my example.
  • Eagles - Have your MOH unbutton you before you go.  I had buttons over my zipper and I was not trusting H to get them undone with his hands, so I gave a crochet hook to my sister before we left and so all he had to do when we got to the hotel was unzip me.

Crochet hook is a must for buttons.  An absolute must.

Oh, and for sure I didn't want to do it multiple times when I lost my v card.  No thanks.  Once was enough at that moment in time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anna, that sucks about your BM. I don't blame you for not finding that funny at all. 

At my cousin D's wedding there was a guest's plus one who got so drunk he followed my cousin A into the ladies & asked her "How much?" and the best man's speech was a drunken slurred mess with lots of gross innuendos & his speech is on tape. D was mortified. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was very good and stuck to beer the whole night.  I drank it out of my classy ball jar wine glass.  I don't think I started drinking until the reception.  I might have had one cup of my mom's sangria while we were getting ready, but I stayed away from it the rest of the night.  H's friend, however, did not.  He drank the sangria plus a ton of other stuff and felt like ASS the next day.  Poor guy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • My H was really hungover the next day too. I took a nap between the reception and the afterparty and while I was napping he drank a whole bottle of champagne by himself. Then he took a million shots at the bar. 

Whatever, at least he waited until the important stuff was over. 
  • edited March 2012
    Rach, what is your signature drink?

Adamar, my mother would not let my MOH cousin and I drink before the ceremony, and she made it clear to H that he should be completely sober for the ceremony. 

She also had lunches delivered to the church, since we did most of the pictures before the ceremony. She tried to force us to eat so we'd have something to absorb the alcohol.

Edited for clarity.
  • Like consummation, Anna? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8befb288-c1b5-4b39-afdf-b28936e6390fPost:fe91d2c1-89ab-4a78-ab6a-6a37828430fe">Re: Good morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like consummation, Anna? 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

<div>I see what you did there.</div><div>
    </div><div>Rach, that sounds yummy. Maybe drink one before the beer? That's the correct order, right? Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. Beer before liquor, never been sicker?</div>
  • I came in to this conversation at the right time haha.
  • The guys were drinking in the church at BIL's wedding.  The pastor just asked them to make sure all of the trash went in one trash bag and was taken away. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8befb288-c1b5-4b39-afdf-b28936e6390fPost:299abc61-ac9d-49a7-923a-417b2e86890d">Re: Good morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning? : <strong>That man sure can blush.</strong> As I told Midge, I drank way too much. During the whole reception, someone always made sure I had a drink. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I had two bottles of wine on my own. H made a huge dent in a case of beer.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

You don't even know the half of it. Poor guy, he's far too easy. I don't even think he blushed that much there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8befb288-c1b5-4b39-afdf-b28936e6390fPost:fe91d2c1-89ab-4a78-ab6a-6a37828430fe">Re: Good morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like consummation, Anna? 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was thinking vows and talking to family members, but yes, consummation as well haha. 

</div>
  • Ugh I drank way too much last night.
  • :: cough, cough ::

Is this thing on?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards