Honeymoon Discussions

Cabo Honeymoon

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has been to Cabo San Lucas and can suggest either an All Inclusive or a cool hotel.  Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to fly there direct from Newark International Airport in NJ?

Any and ALL feedback would be greatly appreciated!

-DS
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cabo Honeymoon

• edited January 2012
    I was looking at Cabo at one point, and while I've never been there, this resort was my favorite of the ones I was considering for our honeymoon:  http://www.pueblobonitopacifica.com/
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Dreams Cabo was one of the ones I looked at. Decently cheap and they release sea turtles at parts of the year!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great!  Thanks, guys! Will check out both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to Cabo for our HM and had a blast.  We stayed at the Cabo Azul Resort, which was amazing, but it wasn't an AI.  A few of the couples we met while we were there also recommended the RIU Palace and Cabo Real, which are both AI's.
    Anniversary
  • I got engaged in Cabo and absolutely loved it!!! I wish I could get married there. I agree. Pueblo bonito pacifica....by far one of the nicest hotels:) however beware of that side of the pacific (very rough waters and extremely breezy). There is another place you might be able to rent from it might be called Hacienda Condos but try to google it....they have an amazing view, condos look nice and they have an amazing restaurant A+++

Anniversary
  • I stayed at the RIU Palace in Cabo in 2009, and it was fabulous! Great food, beautiful grounds, and it is an all-inclusive. Be sure to go whale watching while you're there!
  • I also stayed at Cabo Azul in February 2010 (not for HM, just vacation with FI). Jemini is right that it's not AI, but they did happy hour every afternoon which helped with the drink costs and a couple restaurants to choose from. Even without it being AI, the resort is amazing (seriously, I wish I could just go back there for the HM). We scored a good deal on Travelzoo, normally I think it's kinda pricey. I've seen it pop up on Travelzoo a couple times since we went, and with our deal and even with paying for food and drinks, I don't think we spent much more than we would at an AI.

The one downside to Cabo Azul is that it's in San Jose del Cabo, which is about a half hour away from Cabo San Lucas. If you do tours or something, they should pick you up and you can also take a bus/taxi to San Lucas if you want. We chose to stay at the resort 95% of the time so it wasn't a downside for us.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is all so helpful you guys!  I just learned that you can get direct flights to and from SJD on Saturdays and Sundays.  Woo hoo!  This is really fun to talk about!  Do any of you happen to see Zoetry while you were there? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Fiesta Americana as well as RIU. Beautiful! We also got engaged in Cabo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards