North Carolina-Outer Banks

Just Married!! (fyi- pretty long post)

Got back late last night. Record rainfall for OBX on Saturday... 6.96 inches! We moved the ceremony from the beach to the tent to the front porch of First Colony Inn And moved the ceremony back an hour to shop-vac water out of the tent! definitely memorable, wet and windy. I'm glad we had flip flops as favors. only 3 pairs left after it was all said and done. 
A lot of our friends drank alcohol they had in their rooms (definitely didn't see that coming) so we had TONS of leftovers! We gave most to family and friends who helped with setup, water removal and everything in between. 

REVIEWS:
Lone Cedar Cafe: Only complaint we heard was that everyone wanted to take the leftover chicken and we'd eaten it all! They even set out a plate of apps for us since we missed cocktail hour taking photos. Tons of compliments all night.

Artz OBX:
Oh My God. Hands down the best part of our wedding! Husband and wife team of photographer/ DJ/ violinist.  Rolled through plans A, B, C and D and Matt rounded us up for the  5 minute window of dry skies for some beach pictures.  We had a 60+ person Bohemian Rhapsody sing-along with people taking candles off the tables and holding them in the air like lighters. Sue had everyone dancing for hours and chanting '1 more song' when it was over... and she played 2! I love them. Like seriously love them.

Great Cakes!
: Well, they had great cakes! Key Lime Bliss topper cake with 3 different flavors of cupcakes. They let me do some last minute changes and brougt everything on-time and set it up on my cake stand. Lots of compliments on the cake too.

First Colony Inn: Beautiful locations. Extremely reasonable pricing for wine and beer- and bought back 3 cases of Chardonnay we didn't go through! Iced down all the alcohol and have wine and cheese time every afternoon, which my family loved. Big sticklers for every room being rented for 2 nights if you have a Saturday wedding. Not very good with email responses, although after I freaked out on them over the summer, communication was much much better. didn't say anything about the 11am checkout time. Some people stayed until 2 trying to recover/ clean up after the night before. Enough outdoor space for well over 300. We had 115 guests.  50/50 on a recommendation, but I gave my best shot at the evaluation.

Ocean Atlantic Event Rentals:
Awesome to work with. Very fast email responses. Had the tent up Thursday for our Saturday wedding. Made an emergence drop-off Saturday afternoon for additional sides for the tent (we had covered 3 sides and needed to box it all in!).  Joe personnaly came out a set up the sides and dancefloor.

Wedding planner:
Haley Shaw! A friend of mine just starting out her wedding planning business. She did ALL the flowers, rounded up guys to hang lights and set up all my different centerpieces. Dealt with all vendors and ran the show like a total pro. She's based in Richmond, but will defnitely do planning/flowers in different locations.

Not sure if I'm leaving anybody out. If you're doing a tented wedding, I definitely recommend ordering sides for all but a 10-20ft opening. It easier to not use them than it is to freak out trying to get more.
Don't sweat the small stuff. During the ceremony (on a balcony, not on the beach) we tried to improvise the sand ceremony and the guys pull out a tea pitcher and a table and a picture frame. I was wispering to them to just put it back and skip it. No shells, no vase, just a plastic pitcher. We had a good laugh.  We lost the fancy printed cocktail napkins till Sunday morning, didn't light most canles and only used 5 of the 40 paper lanterns I bought. Did it matter? Nope. Rolled up suit pants, flip flops and grandma getting low with the frat guys. Wouldn't change a thing.

Re: Just Married!! (fyi- pretty long post)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards