Chit Chat

I'm losing my hair ties...

Got a lot on my plate as of right now, so experiencing this was kinda fun!

Back Story: I found a wild cat on my property that was very fat, I realized she was going to have kittens! Sure enough, a few weeks later she had three of them following her around. I put out food, and one of the little guys got used to me and now lets me pick him up. I got him fixed and gave him his shots and now he wont leave my house! lol! I named him Toby.

Fast forward to now: I always tie up my hair before going to work, but for the last week my hair ties have gone missing. Weird. I swear I always put them back in the dish I leave on my bathroom counter. I cleaned out my kitchen and what do you know, I found most of my missing hair ties under my fridge. As soon as I bend over to pick them up, Toby comes running in and steals one in his mouth and runs off with it... I followed him and saw him play with it and lose it under my couch. As soon as I move the couch I found all of his cat toys and the rest of my hair ties. Cheeky little thing.

~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~

Re: I'm losing my hair ties...

• One of my friends has a hair tie thieving cat as well.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My mom's cat likes socks. If she finds one, she will carry it around. It is strange.

• One of my cats does this!  He will even open a drawer to get to them.  

I have resorted to keeping them on door knobs.  He tries, but he can't get them off.  
  • My sisters cat LOVES hair ties. And oddly enough the little plastic rings you take off to open a gallon of milk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My cat stole my car keys once!! Also took socks and, little stuffed animals ect.. i found it all under our china cabinent. I had to call a person to come make a key for my car to!
  • My two cats are notorious for this. Even when I would hide them they would manage to find them. I now have to put them is a dresser drawer. It's really funny. Enjoy the little guy. Cats are great. :
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My cats are a big fan of the milk rings as well. and pipe cleaners. I have actually taken them and turned them into a ring so they don't choke themselves...

cats are weird. :)
  • My two mixed rescue kitties are proper hairtie stealing kitties.  They don't hide them, thank goodness.  So all I have to do is round them up off the living room floor every once in a while.

My purbred, however, is.... a bit addled.  She LOOOOOVES pens.  Loves them to the point of stealing them while you write.  Our house constantly is short of writing instruments, and occasionally we have to go on a hunt under rugs, furnature, down vents, etc.  Crazy kitty.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-losing-my-hair-ties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4e2f94c1-a53b-43fa-9a80-80b322fa7635Post:9f511b2c-26ca-46c5-9128-0c5c95a4d9f9">Re: I'm losing my hair ties...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom's cat likes socks. If she finds one, she will carry it around. It is strange.
    Posted by staar987[/QUOTE]

My ferrets used to be sock thieves. They wouldn't touch anything else, but if you left a sock laying around they'd sneak up to it, snatch it up, and hide it inside the couch. I miss my little babies.
    Anniversary
  • my cat looks through my purse to find them.  he literally digs around for hair ties in my bag and runs away with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards